New definition of insanity

Deleted472477User

Ugh. I hate this. Asking the same question ten different times, expecting a different answer, drives me up a frikken wall! Do people not listen? Do they think if they ask the same thing over and over will get them the outcome that they want? I work in call centers and I see this All. The. Time.

I often suspect either they're enormously dense, or they think if they ask the same thing enough times I'll suddenly throw my hands up and say "Okay sir/ma'am, you wore me down, my job is nowhere near as important as your unreasonable request, I'll risk getting fired just to get your butt off my phone."

I'm not saying all requests are stupid or unreasonable, I'm taking stuff like going repeatedly overdrawn at the bank and expecting all the fees to be reversed even if it's their fault, not paying for months' worth of cable tv and expecting service to be turned back on without paying, crazy stuff like this, and yes, it happens.

or also, this example. My room mate had to tell someone who is part of her activities group four times nothing was planned for today. This woman kept asking "But what is there to do on Saturday?" "Isn't there anything for me to do?" and my room mate kept patiently telling her, no, there's nothing, not this weekend. My room mate's patience was wearing thin, and finally the woman seemed to get it, or more likely, went on to pester someone else in hopes of a better answer. Roomie told me later, "I think she expected me to whip up something on the spot to entertain her or something." I said, "More like if she kept pestering, the answer would suddenly be yes as a reward for persistence."

Also, if you're in a store/restaurant, and they're out of X, repeatedly asking if X is available will not make it suddenly materialize. there aren't little elves patiently standing by to whip it up on the spot to reward you for your persistence. Just saying.

I've just had a fantastic repetitive conversation with what may or may not have been a sales rep.

Him: Good Morning, do you have a mobile phone?

Me: and you are?

This went on and on, it was like talking to a robot. I don't even know why he was asking, the number he dialed is obviously a mobile one. :facepalm:

I've just had a fantastic repetitive conversation with what may or may not have been a sales rep.

This went on and on, it was like talking to a robot. I don't even know why he was asking, the number he dialed is obviously a mobile one. :facepalm:

clearly he was following instructions :I

what a trooper :I

"wait a minute, let me check" . . . then put the phone down

If chaos and Insanity is surrounding you ...

... can lol

... can rofl

... can say wtf

... then you must be in the eye of the storm!

... then you must be the cause of chaos of insanity.

... then non interference is the prime directive!

... then Interference is the prime directive!

... then it is time to ask yourself if you turned the right way in Albuquerque.

... then it is time to go over to the lunatics and ask "What's up Doc?"

... then it is usual a good idea to ignore the insanity and quickly go away.

... then pull down your pants and slide on ice.

... then it might be a good idea to pull out your Wile E. Coyote help sign.

... make all the poses of Charlie's Angels!

... can pretend to have a hearing or seeing problem that.

... can sing: "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands."

... say out loud "I'm Batman!"

... can say " Oh dear more hoot hoot for my tut tut, wow that's good!

if none of the above line here in the past , present or future has made any success bringing back saving or maintain your sanity then it is quite possible, that you are as well as chaotic and insane, as every other individual on this planet and the best thing would be to paint the moon red and sponsor with the colour white Coca Cola™ on the side facing this planet and on the other side that is never visible from the planet in Intergalactic language in golden letters. "Planet of the psychic bampot's ahead! Don't land! If you need to land beware and don't take any living being with you for the sake of the whole galaxy!"

Edited by SilverDNA

By hanging up you help them out, they just move on to the next victim, if everyone wasted their time it would make their jobs a lot harder. :thumbsup:

By hanging up you help them out, they just move on to the next victim, if everyone wasted their time it would make their jobs a lot harder. :thumbsup:

who said to hang up?

who said to hang up?

Round here "putting the phone down" and "hanging up" are one and the same, anyway I know what you mean. My favourite is telling them "My wife deals with this sort of thing, she's in the garden, I'll just get her" I then just leave the phone on the side and get on with whatever I was doing.