Your memorable nonquest/nonscripted stories

thesapien

Also, one time I was walking in Whiterun and I dropped a ring. This elf looks at me and goes "just drop your refuse whereever you see fit". I walk off annoyed.

I get about a meter away when the elf runs up to me and asks for the ring. I say yes and he thanks me. I go to walk away again and get hit from behind. ITS THE ELF AGAIN!

"I Got you now! He yells at me

"I saw you take that" He accuses. Being of low level, he slays me and runs off, shooting a barrel yelling

"By Ysmir you'll pay for that!"

The other time, A Thalmor Soldier ran up to me, yelling

"Skyrim belongs to the Nords" and "Talos smite you"

And I heard an Imperial captain muttering

"Damn Imperials, cant wait to bloody my sword in one of them:

WTF!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now re-play that with the 'Skyrim Monster Mod' downloaded.... :devil: .... :happy:

Naw. I'm good. Skyrim Monster changes the whole feel of the game and I'm not interested in that at this time. I actually like the stock Skyrim game. There are some improvements that could be made, sure. But I told myself I'm going to level 81 my character and finish everything before using mods. The only mod I've used has been one I made to fiddle with the creation kit and I never save my character when using it. I can't seem to get it to do what I want anyways at this time.

Oddly enough though when I reloaded I fast traveled right to Riften and started doing the stuff required to get Honeyside and I went to the bandit ruin again (because there's a skill book there I hadn't gotten) and again encountered bandits running outside of Riften killing deer and fox. I don't know what's up with my game, but for some reason NPC villains are running around killing animals. I hope this doesn't continue for too long. It was amusing at first, but NPC's are supposed to be targeting me or other NPCS's. Hunting animals are for hunters. Speaking of which... I ran into one of those too, just standing there and when I walked up to him apparently he was "dead" because I could search him.

Now re-play that with the 'Skyrim Monster Mod' downloaded.... :devil: .... :happy:

Naw. I'm good. Skyrim Monster changes the whole feel of the game and I'm not interested in that at this time. I actually like the stock Skyrim game. There are some improvements that could be made, sure. But I told myself I'm going to level 81 my character and finish everything before using mods. The only mod I've used has been one I made to fiddle with the creation kit and I never save my character when using it. I can't seem to get it to do what I want anyways at this time.

Oddly enough though when I reloaded I fast traveled right to Riften and started doing the stuff required to get Honeyside and I went to the bandit ruin again (because there's a skill book there I hadn't gotten) and again encountered bandits running outside of Riften killing deer and fox. I don't know what's up with my game, but for some reason NPC villains are running around killing animals. I hope this doesn't continue for too long. It was amusing at first, but NPC's are supposed to be targeting me or other NPCS's. Hunting animals are for hunters. Speaking of which... I ran into one of those too, just standing there and when I walked up to him apparently he was "dead" because I could search him.

The Bandits at the Mammoth Slaughter Camp near Whiterun are always chasing animals in my game, though I guess with those Bandits it makes sense given the nature of their camp.

I was walking up the mountain road to Ivarstead one night with Lydia. We had walked from Whiterun and encountered several mobs along the way so I was sort of tense and expecting an arrow to fly out of the darkness any minute. I could see the light colored road for a short distance in front of us but barely anything else in the dark. Suddenly, I hear Lydia draw her sword. I stop, ready my weapons, and glance furiously around looking for a bad guy. Nothing. Lydia is in combat mode, but just quickly pacing around in random directions. What the heck is out there? It was kinda eerie because it was so dark I couldn't see more than a few feet around us. I crouched down to see if something had detected us, but I was hidden. Where is it? I turned to look up the road and actually jumped a little in my chair as a large object was coming out of the darkness right at me. I froze for a second as the thing passed; a bear corpse just sliding down the roadway. It kept going down the road and disappeared into the darkness again. I don't think I've had a more suspenseful moment in Skyrim. It was like a scene from some horror movie; Lydia was freaking, something had killed a bear on the road right in front of us in dead silence, and I couldn't see a thing. I found out that I was not the cool and collected adventurer I thought I was; I could not decide what to do. I was a low level mage and a bear would have easily taken me out, let alone something that could kill a bear.

THOSE are the moments that make games fun. I was immersed in the situation, it was "scary", it didn't make sense, and it caught me completely off guard. I wish I had a great ending to this little incident, but I don't. Lydia finally calmed down and we forged ahead. With a lit torch. Never found out what killed the bear or triggered Lydia.

But if you're ever wandering along a deserted mountain road and feel the darkness closing in around you, put a piece of steel in your hand just for comfort; you never know where the Phantom of Ivarstead might be lurking.

Well, I was returning to Falkreath after a herb-gathering excursion, playing my 'Thalmor-style' Altmer Mage, when I come across a Vigilant of Stendarr, on horseback, riding along the high road above Falkreath, the town below, clearly in view. We take little notice of each other, as Night is falling, and I'm eager to return to the safety of town, laden with herbs to be ground into elixirs and potions. However, the mounted Vigilant stops a few feet in front of me, and I find myself doing the same, curious as to why the fellow suddenly ceased his march. After a few seconds of remaining perfectly still, he blurs, and vanishes.

I look around, bewildered, and finally see a small speck above Falkreath, floating in the air. I squint at it, puzzled, and finally recognize it as the mounted Vigilant. He vanishes once more, blurring back to his original position on the road. He then rides hard and fast towards me, but vanishes, reappearing above the Town again before he gets too close. I begin to chuckle, utterly bewildered, but the Vigilant looses his 'Airborne powers', and begins to fall, still mounted. He drops onto the town, and vanishes behind a house. I run into town, and just outside the Jarl's Longhouse, lies the Vigilant, dead on the floor, his Horse a few feet away, blood splattering the ground around the two of them. Several Villagers gather around, a few muttering 'What a shame.' or something similar.

To this day, I have absolutely no idea what happened. Though I do have a notion to get his body and drag it back to the 'Vigilant Headquarters'.

I was exploring the countryside recently and found Tolvald's Cave somewhere along the eastern border.

Well, all that Dunmer journals were... dramatic. I mean, when the Red Mountain erupted - it was a disaster. Reading that poor fellows' journals I began to realize it. One of the few game moments that gave me some feelings. And that poor guys escaped the smoldering remains of their homeland only to get captured and murdered by Falmer...

Killed every single Falmer in that cave. Used Aura Whisper to get every last one of them. I hope the spirits of that Dunmer refugees will find peace at last.

^ Dunmer, feel s sorry for them in Skyrim, the Mer in general have had it hard, Snow Mer were captured by the Dwemer and ruined and turned into Falmer, the High Mer in Windhelm are persecuted for some thing that most of them aren't even doing and the Dunmer were forced out of their homeland and slaugtered in various wars. I feel most sorry for the Snow mer, though, murdered by Talos, their homeland pillaged then decieved by the freaking Dwemer... Lol, although DweMER suggests that they too were breeds of Elf!

^ Dunmer, feel s sorry for them in Skyrim, the Mer in general have had it hard, Snow Mer were captured by the Dwemer and ruined and turned into Falmer, the High Mer in Windhelm are persecuted for some thing that most of them aren't even doing and the Dunmer were forced out of their homeland and slaugtered in various wars. I feel most sorry for the Snow mer, though, murdered by Talos, their homeland pillaged then decieved by the freaking Dwemer... Lol, although DweMER suggests that they too were breeds of Elf!

Actually, it was Ysgramor and The Five Hundred Companions that decimated the Snow Elves. The elves had it coming too, they went on numerous raids killing the Nedes that had traveled from Atmora to Skyrim. Ysgramor and the Nedes seeked nothing but peace and knowledge in the beginning.

They didn't deserve what their race ended up becoming though. The Companions were brutal and the Dwemer were extremely cruel sadly.

Edited by jordanLoL

Falmer was their former self name. And Dwemer did not capture them - in fact, Falmer asked Dwemer for help, and they allowed Falmer to live in their underground cities.

About Dwemer... I know that a number of people will object, but in Morrowind a number of NPCs told me that Dwemer were the Seventh House of Chimer (former Dunmer).

As for the Dunmer, I just imagined how it was when the Red Mountain erupted. Maybe the"2012" movie (that I watched recently) added something to my imagination...