My Oblivion CTD's after working normally ?!

jygg4lag

Recently after installing Oblivion (after not playing it for years) , along with mods (nothing except UOP's , Texture mods and engine mods).

After I was done with modding I started Oblivion and the game just CTD on the Bethesda logo, however I quickly fixed the problem since it was something to do with .ini files in My Documents/My Games folder and decided not to mess with the .ini files again.

I was playing the game for hours, and after that have gone to bed. After waking up and turning on my PC and starting Oblivion the game now again CTD at the Bethesda logo , what gives ?

I'm stumped on how to fix this guys, previously I jsut removed the default_oblivion.ini (in the game directory) and oblivion.ini (in my documents directory) and the game worked normally, but now I never messed with those things and suddenly game CTD again like before.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

And what do you know , the .ini's caused the crash yet again even tho I NEVER touched them after the first crashing. I really don't know what causes this and if it will happen in the future, does anyone have still any suggestions on how to prevent this ?

Thanks and sorry for wasting your time.

Oblivion_default.ini is the file that the game uses as a template to create your Oblivion.ini, both when you first install the game and any time you decide to delete/rename your current Oblivion.ini to have a new one created.

NEVER EVER DELETE Oblivion_default.ini ... EVER.

Not very subtle presentation on my part, but maybe you get the picture.