TESVAL/Skyboost Crash

The Bluejay

Sorry if this is a common thing, I tried looking through the Bestsoft forums, but the godawful multiple threads thing over there makes it tricky.

So, if I ever try using Skyboost or TESVAL, I crash to desktop just before I hit the menu.

The log shows the TESVALL.dll loaded correctly and I'm using the correct version of SKSE which has been confirmed to be working correctly with both getskseversion and with my using of SkyUI with no issues at all.

Any ideas?

SSE 2 is a specific instruction set that's far more optimized than normal 32 bit or even 64 bit processing. SkyBoost and TESVAL both utilize the SSE 2 instruction set. If your CPU was made after 2003 or so you should be fine, though if you'd like to be 100% sure, download the free program CPU-Z and it can tell you exactly what instruction sets your CPU supports.

You aren't trying to run these two simultaneously are you? SkyBoost is a derivative of TESVAL with a different injection method (it doesn't use SKSE like TESVAL, though there's no problem with running SKSE and SkyBoost at the same time.) and it explicitly states not to run SkyBoost and TESVAL together.

There's also the possibility that you're running some kind of background monitoring software (usually GPU monitoring stuff like ATi Tray Tools or MSI Afterburner) and it's interfering with the injection of SkyBoost (but it definitely shouldn't mess with TESVAL as SKSE uses a container method).

SSE 2 is a specific instruction set that's far more optimized than normal 32 bit or even 64 bit processing. SkyBoost and TESVAL both utilize the SSE 2 instruction set. If your CPU was made after 2003 or so you should be fine, though if you'd like to be 100% sure, download the free program CPU-Z and it can tell you exactly what instruction sets your CPU supports.

You aren't trying to run these two simultaneously are you? SkyBoost is a derivative of TESVAL with a different injection method (it doesn't use SKSE like TESVAL, though there's no problem with running SKSE and SkyBoost at the same time.) and it explicitly states not to run SkyBoost and TESVAL together.

There's also the possibility that you're running some kind of background monitoring software (usually GPU monitoring stuff like ATi Tray Tools or MSI Afterburner) and it's interfering with the injection of SkyBoost (but it definitely shouldn't mess with TESVAL as SKSE uses a container method).

Thanks for the reply and explanation! Accoridng to CPU-z, my processor (creaky though it may be) does support SSE 2. And no, I haven't been trying to run TESVAL and SkyBoost at the same time (although I've seen anecdotal evidence they work together)

I don't run ATi Tray tools or MSI Afterburner, or (AFAIK) anything or the sort - and as you say, that oughtn't mess up TESVAL.

I'm really quite mystified.