[LE] Help with making mod in CK

I'm new to modding and i'm making a mod: Werewolfpitcult - home for werewolves.
I'm planning to make the mod good enough, and for now i have 3 questions.

1. I'm making a quest forcing subtitles, but after i get to the point where the player should receive the quest and quit dialogue, the subtitles remain in the screen for a while and nothing happens unless i talk to the npc again, it opens dialogue without nothing being said, and only after quit this "blank" dialogue the player gets the quest objective. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. How to make followers turn to werewolves on combat begin?

3. How to make an npc "spawn" using an iddle marker after entering a cell? Like the jarl in whiterun when he's sit on the throne when player enters dragonsreach.

Big thanks in advance, any help is appreciated...

Edited by Unconformist

You could look into a follower mod to see how they did it. I know AFT has the option for followers to become werewolves or vampires. Just for the sake of making your mod work. I know CK has been aving trouble making scripts. I had similar issues when I was trying to create a simple quest just to meet a follower by way of courier letter. I couldn't create a custom script.

I tried with follower mod who does that, and aft, but i can't see anything that relates to it.. no quests, no follower dialogues, no scripts. Farkas do turns to werewolf in a quest, but can't find anything on it either.
I have no idea honestly, i thought i should have to make a new dialogue line, linked to a script that sets the animation for transformation when player does, and then turn the follower to another actor (werewolf)..

I have no answers on how to do it :geek:

Well I don't know how to do the moonphase thing (There's not a built-in way to track moon phases as far as I know) but this will work for the combat thing. All you have to do is attach it to the NPCs you want to change and fill the property in the creation kit. Bear in mind though, the werewolf power is a once-a-day thing, so I don't know how well this will even work for you.

Scriptname CombatWerewolfScript extends Actor

SPELL Property WerewolfChange Auto

Event OnCombatStateChanged(Actor actorRef, int aecombatState)
    if (aecombatState == 1)
        WerewolfChange.Cast(Self)
    elseif (aecombatState == 0)
        DispelSpell(WerewolfChange)
    endif

EndEvent

Well I don't know how to do the moonphase thing (There's not a built-in way to track moon phases as far as I know) but this will work for the combat thing. All you have to do is attach it to the NPCs you want to change and fill the property in the creation kit. Bear in mind though, the werewolf power is a once-a-day thing, so I don't know how well this will even work for you.

Scriptname CombatWerewolfScript extends Actor

SPELL Property WerewolfChange Auto

Event OnCombatStateChanged(Actor actorRef, int aecombatState)
    if (aecombatState == 1)
        WerewolfChange.Cast(Self)
    elseif (aecombatState == 0)
        DispelSpell(WerewolfChange)
    endif

EndEvent

Thanks!

This makes them transform, but they don't fight and don't revert after being out of combat... :S

Is there any guide for script learning?

Hey Unconformist,

Regarding this question:

1. I'm making a quest forcing subtitles, but after i get to the point where the player should receive the quest and quit dialogue, the subtitles remain in the screen for a while and nothing happens unless i talk to the npc again, it opens dialogue without nothing being said, and only after quit this "blank" dialogue the player gets the quest objective. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I might be able to help if you didn't already solve this but the length of time a subtitle stays on screen should be based on the length of time you recorded for (even if you recorded silence) so if it is staying on the screen for too long, try recording a shorter amount of silence.

Also, make sure you have the Goodbye checkbox selected as well.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

Oh dang, I thought that would work lol. And yeah, lemme link you a couple.

http://www.cipscis.com/skyrim/tutorials/beginners.aspx

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/127-papyrus-101/

These are pretty good resources for learning papyrus!

I always appreciate any help, and even if it doesn't completely work, it's something learned.

Thanks! :)

Hey Unconformist,

Regarding this question:

I might be able to help if you didn't already solve this but the length of time a subtitle stays on screen should be based on the length of time you recorded for (even if you recorded silence) so if it is staying on the screen for too long, try recording a shorter amount of silence.

Also, make sure you have the Goodbye checkbox selected as well.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

This is solved, but thanks anyway. :)