Where's the CK?

Trhanec2

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is somewhat rampant over-speculation going on around these forums. I admit I didn't read every post in this thread but I read the majority and it amazes the conclusions that some have jumped to regarding not only skyrim but all future TES releases. For instance,

-Mods will not be free

-We will be "leasing" the CK with the next game

-The CK release is only being delayed because of the steam workshop

-Skyrim will be abandoned by gamers if the CK is not released immediately

and there are more... Where and how do these ideas get started? It's assuming the worst possible scenario is definitely what is going to happen. No one knows what's going on except Bethesda (and they have said nothing except the ck will be out this month). Perhaps they saw how everyone ripped Skyrim for bugs (which yes some of which should have been correct pre-release) and now they're busting ass to make sure nothing is wrong with the CK on the release.

The game has been out two months.... chill.

I'm not blindly sticking up for Bethesda, I'm not saying some of these comments won't end up being true.... I just don't get how this is such a big deal. It'll be out when it's out.

Well I should have thought it was pretty obvious that the CK is being delayed for the Steam Workshop integration. The quote from the Bethblog stated that beginning in January, players will be able to download the same tools that the devs used to create the game. It therefore follows that the CK is already in existence. And is obvious that it is being delayed so they can twiddle it in order to shove the Steam Workshop down our throats.

I would rather have a non Steam Workshop version as I have no intention of ever putting anything on there.

Don't ever go into business, with your attitude your business will fail based on customer service alone; regardless of your product.

It's not my job to sugarcoat the truth for you.

You all whine and cry, and generally put words into Bethesda mouth.

"THEY PROMISED US AND HAVE DELAYED IT FOR MONTHS!!".

NO. THey have never delayed it, and they have no real reaon to give it to us. Be happy we get it, okay?

We get it when it is ready, not a minute before. Crying that you didn't get it a week ago is not helping.

If that is too harsh for the general population, then I am sorry -- but you did never pay for the toolkit. You paid nothing compared to the cost of the game itself. You are by no means entitled to a toolkit. It's a kind bonus given to us: And you don't cry that your awesome suprise is late! You simply got no right to do so.

And even then, the CK isn't late. It never was, and still isn't.

Excellent summary of how I feel about the game and the issue of the CK myself, Maigrets. Except that I currently have at least six quests that are bugged and will not complete. The notorious Visit The College Of Winterhold for example (on a toon that is actually Archmage). I feel, and I know others do, that there is no justification in holding back the CK for the Steamworks integration that is unwanted by a great number of people. Some people have no bugs, at the other extreme some people are STILL having the total PC crash issue. Many, like me, are in between - I have no CTD's but I do have broken quests.

Maigrets, I totally agree with your statement that Oblivion, for example, would have withered away long ago if it was not for the efforts of the modding community. As I have said elsewhere, the manager of my local GAME store has more or less said exactly that to me. He said ignore the headline figure of console sales, Bethesda get the bread and butter ongoing business from PC gamers who will pick up the game because of the modding possibilities.

Therefore, to those Bethesda fanboys who say we should think ourselves lucky that we get a CK at all, that ain't necessarily so, at least not the full picture. Bethesda also need to think themselves lucky that the genius of folks in the modding world bigs up their games the way it does.

You actually make a good point. For those that say we should consider ourselves lucky that we get a CK, tend to forget that Bethseda took ideas from mods that fellow modders had made. The CK is kind of a I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine idea. PC gamers get the ability to fix bugs that the Devs overlooked, and or didn't have time to fix, and they also get more material to look at and consider to use for the next Elder Scrolls game.

Don't ever go into business, with your attitude your business will fail based on customer service alone; regardless of your product.

It's not my job to sugarcoat the truth for you.

You all whine and cry, and generally put words into Bethesda mouth.

"THEY PROMISED US AND HAVE DELAYED IT FOR MONTHS!!".

NO. THey have never delayed it, and they have no real reaon to give it to us. Be happy we get it, okay?

We get it when it is ready, not a minute before. Crying that you didn't get it a week ago is not helping.

If that is too harsh for the general population, then I am sorry -- but you did never pay for the toolkit. You paid nothing compared to the cost of the game itself. You are by no means entitled to a toolkit. It's a kind bonus given to us: And you don't cry that your awesome suprise is late! You simply got no right to do so.

And even then, the CK isn't late. It never was, and still isn't.

We are all very well aware of what exactly Bethesda said. We are well aware that no precise date was given, except January, so since it is already halfway through January, it's a reasonable time to start asking. Stop with the accusations of crying and whining, criticising your fellow members and being an uncritical fanperson, we know that they can do no wrong in your eyes. For the reasons I said before, we KNOW the CK already exists, and that it is being delayed for that darned Steam Workshop that hardly anyone wants. We ARE receiving poor customer service as numerous people have a bugged game, but Bethesda do not seem to give a brass razoo about either fixing the bugs, or giving us the tools to do it ourselves.

Take note of what Sanbru says - it's a mutually beneficial thing for Beth to give the modders the CK.

Excellent summary of how I feel about the game and the issue of the CK myself, Maigrets. Except that I currently have at least six quests that are bugged and will not complete. The notorious Visit The College Of Winterhold for example (on a toon that is actually Archmage). I feel, and I know others do, that there is no justification in holding back the CK for the Steamworks integration that is unwanted by a great number of people. Some people have no bugs, at the other extreme some people are STILL having the total PC crash issue. Many, like me, are in between - I have no CTD's but I do have broken quests.

Maigrets, I totally agree with your statement that Oblivion, for example, would have withered away long ago if it was not for the efforts of the modding community. As I have said elsewhere, the manager of my local GAME store has more or less said exactly that to me. He said ignore the headline figure of console sales, Bethesda get the bread and butter ongoing business from PC gamers who will pick up the game because of the modding possibilities.

Therefore, to those Bethesda fanboys who say we should think ourselves lucky that we get a CK at all, that ain't necessarily so, at least not the full picture. Bethesda also need to think themselves lucky that the genius of folks in the modding world bigs up their games the way it does.

You actually make a good point. For those that say we should consider ourselves lucky that we get a CK, tend to forget that Bethseda took ideas from mods that fellow modders had made. The CK is kind of a I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine idea. PC gamers get the ability to fix bugs that the Devs overlooked, and or didn't have time to fix, and they also get more material to look at and consider to use for the next Elder Scrolls game.