Settlement Navmesh Question

Darkstorne

I used a mod that adds new bridges and walkways for building with, and decided to build a bridge over my main entrance to Sanctuary. It was pretty high, like 15ft above ground level, so assumed there would be no issues with navmeshing. Problem is, it caused massive navmesh issues. Possibly because the new bridges weren't navmeshed? Even though it was high up NPCs including companions refused to walk under it, and since it's the only entrance/exit no-one could enter or leave the main Settlement anymore (annoying because I built farm fields right outside it, so it used to be heavily used.

I deleted the bridge and thought that would fix it, but for some reason the navmeshing issue persists. I now have a completely open entrance, no bridge, and NPCs still refuse to cross the section the bridge used to be built over. I've even tried building a floor with vanilla items across the path, but that still isn't enough to make anyone use the entrance.

Is there anything I can do to clear up this navmesh issue, or is this settlement completely screwed now? :ermm:

Sometimes changes get baked into a save, although I've never had the issue with deleting objects that had no nav-meshing. Can't you shift your entrance to somewhere else? Provisioners and such often refuse to even take the vanilla bridge into sanctuary and wade throuh the river to the right of the bridge (when looking towards the Red Rocket Truck Stop)...

You can also try installing a mod that restores the Sanctuary bridge, maybe?

Sadly I don't use the bridge as the entrance. I use the main road, just outside the building Preston's crew adopt as their HQ. Everything between that entrance and the bridge is farming and just open land, and everything behind the entrance is buildings. It's fully walled with two huge buildings either side of the road, so moving the big main entrance would mean completely remodelling :(

I think I'll try leaving these cells for several in-game days and building somewhere else for a while. Hopefully the navmeshing sorts itself out. It's so weird that it can't figure out this entire main road section through Sanctuary is fine to walk on, with no objects in the way. I adore this Settlement system and hate it at exactly the same time :P

I think I'll try leaving these cells for several in-game days and building somewhere else for a while. Hopefully the navmeshing sorts itself out. It's so weird that it can't figure out this entire main road section through Sanctuary is fine to walk on, with no objects in the way. I adore this Settlement system and hate it at exactly the same time :tongue:

Yes, this solves 90% of nav-mesh issues.