FalloutNV.exe has stopped working...

jambonpaper

I try to load a game and my game started crashing a week ago

My game has 40 hours of gameplay.

Ive tried everything, from:

- Modifying bUseThreadedAI=1 and iNumHWThreads=2

- Registry Cleaner

- Clean Reinstall

- Yes its patched to update 7 (1.4 I think)

I have no major mods installed except for Requiem for the Capital Wasteland

The rest is all just little tweaks like darkness and gun thingies.

I even deactivated all my mods and it still crashes!

Oh, and one more stupid detail

(I can't contain my anger any longer)

If I load a game before I enter The Strip, OHH now everything works fine!

BUT! Here's the catch! When I start playing from there again and make a new save, then try to load it after quitting to desktop, that save makes my game crash and FalloutNV.exe has stopped working...

PLEASE someone help! I tried playing this all my christmas holidays, and it f***ed with me the whole time, I feel so down for wasting so many hours of trying to make it work instead of actually playing!

Edited by jambonpaper

Delete everything in the Fallout Data folder and start over. then,delete said saves,and make new ones. Sucks yes.but youll get used to it

Ive already done that twice, everything works perfectly before I speak with Mr House, then I save after speaking with Mr House, (ive never passed this point in the game in my life) and I try to save after, in The Strip, wherever, then I have to quit the game cause I have to go to bed (because I waste so much time troubleshooting this f****ng game)

Then when I try to load that save, it doesn't work, and I'm back to loading before I meet Mr. House. I cannot advance!!

- Yes its patched to update 7 (1.4 I think)

This part of your first post strongly suggests that you didn't buy the game, as Steam patches are not numbered.

My game is bought, I didn't want it to work through steam though, I have other arguments but just trust me on this please.

Can someone find a solution for me please?

I don't know if it will help you out any if your still playing fallout new vegas but I have had the exact same issues over the years until I happened across this mod http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34832 my game still freezes sometimes but it works a lot better now.

again I am not entirely sure it will work for you but it is worth a shot.