Staff Picks - 11 Jan 2017

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #46561905.

orangemountain wrote: I'm with lued123 on this. I've tried and tried to play New Vegas, but the vanilla game is just soooo dang buggy, and all of the Fallout and ES games have the quality that the more hours you put into a single playthrough, the less stable the game becomes. I have found it literally impossible to finish FNV plus official DLCs with minimum mods. About halfway or more thru it becomes crash crash crash, crash city, crash universe, crash till you want to vomit and die. I've heard of the JSawyer mod, never did check it out, and if I'm ever going to load up FNV again I'd have to hear some specifics first.

"I'd have to hear some specifics first."

Reading descriptions too boring for ya?

In response to post #46561905. #46563145 is also a reply to the same post.

orangemountain wrote: I'm with lued123 on this. I've tried and tried to play New Vegas, but the vanilla game is just soooo dang buggy, and all of the Fallout and ES games have the quality that the more hours you put into a single playthrough, the less stable the game becomes. I have found it literally impossible to finish FNV plus official DLCs with minimum mods. About halfway or more thru it becomes crash crash crash, crash city, crash universe, crash till you want to vomit and die. I've heard of the JSawyer mod, never did check it out, and if I'm ever going to load up FNV again I'd have to hear some specifics first.
Ethreon wrote: "I'd have to hear some specifics first."

Jsawyer was the mod that Josh Sawyer made to tie loose ends and make some needed balance changes plus some bugfixes. Jsawyer Ultimate reworks that mod using NVSE, drasticly reducing the number of compatibility patches and conflicts. It's highly customizable and even adds some "quality of life" features that can be enabled if you wish. When used together with Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch, New Vegas comes the closest to vanilla, playable and bug-free. All you need after that are some essentials like NVSE, Lutana, NVAC, NVSR. There is literally no reason not to use JSawyer Ultimate.

As for why I proposed to pick this mod - I've made a couple of mods for New Vegas myself and got a taste of GECK and Gamebryo. It isn't pretty or easy. What Pushthewinbutton did with Jsawyer Ultimate and his other mods, well, the man is damn hero in my opinion. I'm immensely grateful for what he did for us all, so he deserves to be commended for it.

In response to post #46561905. #46563145, #46571385 are all replies on the same post.

EmeraldHaze wrote: Jsawyer was the mod that Josh Sawyer made to tie loose ends and make some needed balance changes plus some bugfixes. Jsawyer Ultimate reworks that mod using NVSE, drasticly reducing the number of compatibility patches and conflicts. It's highly customizable and even adds some "quality of life" features that can be enabled if you wish. When used together with Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch, New Vegas comes the closest to vanilla, playable and bug-free. All you need after that are some essentials like NVSE, Lutana, NVAC, NVSR. There is literally no reason not to use JSawyer Ultimate.

As for why I proposed to pick this mod - I've made a couple of mods for New Vegas myself and got a taste of GECK and Gamebryo. It isn't pretty or easy. What Pushthewinbutton did with Jsawyer Ultimate and his other mods, well, the man is damn hero in my opinion. I'm immensely grateful for what he did for us all, so he deserves to be commended for it.

I think here he means more the complete changelog, which the mod description mentions but doesn't have done yet?

In response to post #46561905. #46563145, #46571385, #46584680 are all replies on the same post.

EmeraldHaze wrote: Jsawyer was the mod that Josh Sawyer made to tie loose ends and make some needed balance changes plus some bugfixes. Jsawyer Ultimate reworks that mod using NVSE, drasticly reducing the number of compatibility patches and conflicts. It's highly customizable and even adds some "quality of life" features that can be enabled if you wish. When used together with Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch, New Vegas comes the closest to vanilla, playable and bug-free. All you need after that are some essentials like NVSE, Lutana, NVAC, NVSR. There is literally no reason not to use JSawyer Ultimate.

Kung Fu Man wrote: I think here he means more the complete changelog, which the mod description mentions but doesn't have done yet?

Well, I've provided all of the information that I could to at least interest folks. If a person has further questions about the mod, they should research the mod page and ask the mod creator directly if needed. Fight your laziness !

In response to post #46561905. #46563145, #46571385, #46584680, #46591940 are all replies on the same post.

Kung Fu Man wrote: I think here he means more the complete changelog, which the mod description mentions but doesn't have done yet?
EmeraldHaze wrote: Well, I've provided all of the information that I could to at least interest folks. If a person has further questions about the mod, they should research the mod page and ask the mod creator directly if needed. Fight your laziness !

Have you tried running the 4GB client? Fixed most, if not all, my crashing issues.

In response to post #46611190.

Stiffon wrote: I haven't got the JSawyer mod, but I am in the middle of a TTW playthru which is awesome too!

Having never heard of this, I looked at the description, and saw these relevant sections.

Complete Tale of Two Wastelands Compatibility
Tale of Two Wastelands compatibility is comprehensively covered by a patch. This also includes things which other mods usually miss, like toning down some of Fallout 3's large quest rewards, and expands implementation of all JSawyer Ultimate's features to cover any relevant Fallout 3 items.

YUP and TTWFixes Continuity
If a record edit was necessary, any appropriate fixes from YUP or TTWFixes are included. If a change present in the original JSawyer mod has since been incorporated into YUP or TTWFixes, it was omitted from JSawyer Ultimate to prevent unnecessary duplicate edits. It is expected that everyone will use either YUP or TTWFixes as they are essential bugfix compilations.

Uninstallation-Safe
This mod can be safely installed and uninstalled on any save - it will not cause a crash or leave any serious permanent side effects.

So no reason not to consider it, due to using TTW.

In response to post #46561905. #46563145, #46571385, #46584680, #46591940, #46608150 are all replies on the same post.

EmeraldHaze wrote: Well, I've provided all of the information that I could to at least interest folks. If a person has further questions about the mod, they should research the mod page and ask the mod creator directly if needed. Fight your laziness !
Hobbyking wrote: Have you tried running the 4GB client? Fixed most, if not all, my crashing issues.

You should look into the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas guide. They give you ideas of what to do and how to apply mods to a way where your game will run smooth as a baby's bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

The Borderlands series is one of the best in the lot of action gaming. Now the third installment of the series is about to release with the

addition of two new varieties of items including the laser gun and I am waiting for this game to release to check it out myself. Hope it lives

up to our expectations.You can check out http://borderlands3game.com/

Edited by johnsmith016