[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

Another quick update. Added some additional things in tonight.

•  
  • All Speechcraft modifiers are in place
  • All Enthrall spells are in place, except the easter egg part...I'm not even sure that can be done, and removing KOS from Sire since Sire's currently don't get KOS attached to them.
  • All Poison resistances are properly done
  • Progenitor 50% stamina regen at night done, currently called Night's Favor
  • A Channelled Slow Time spell is done for "Vampire's Speed". The idea here is that you channel your magic to move faster, represented as time slowing down. It's 20 mana per second. Which is not as much as it sounds when time is slowed down. lol. Currently using default time slow speed. I think this needs to be tweaked and the mana rates tweaked.

I've been working on Breath of Frost for a bit now. I don't like the way paralysis kicks in (i.e. the actor falls down) so I've worked a slow effect and also temporarily disable the actor AI so they freeze in place and then when they thaw out, theoretically move slower. There needs to be a lot of work done here. It's a bit over powering in it's current state.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update -

Added in "Phase Walk" in a pseudo fashion for now. It's more a targetted teleport spell, currently with no fancy graphics. I plan to kick in some shaders between the casting location and the target location, perhaps slow time, and then transition the player to the new spot rather than make it an instant teleport as it is now.

Hmmm...wish we could change the name of this thread. It's definitely no longer an Ideas thread.

-MM

Another update -

Added in "Phase Walk" in a pseudo fashion for now. It's more a targetted teleport spell, currently with no fancy graphics. I plan to kick in some shaders between the casting location and the target location, perhaps slow time, and then transition the player to the new spot rather than make it an instant teleport as it is now.

Hmmm...wish we could change the name of this thread. It's definitely no longer an Ideas thread.

-MM

Final update for the night.

•  
  • Updated: Phase Walk now slows down time, player phases out, phases back in at target destination and time reverts back to normal
  • Added: Garlic Allergies. I didn't do an InstaKill on Sire having garlic, but it's based damage is 50 per second/glove. You're going to die....quick. Master has 1dmg/clove/sec, Progenitor 2 dmg/clove/sec. Both dmg Health and Stamina.
  • Added: "Steam" effect on player when they're taking damage due to sunlight, or garlic damage. I think it's on trespassing too...but it's late...and I closed out of the editor...and it's one thing I didn't test.
  • Fixed: Forgot to add "Summon Fog" to player in current alpha build...due to mispelled Spell ID.

Edited by MofoMojo

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Is Phase Walk still "-For 30 seconds once a day, can walk through walls (NOT floors/ceiling/doors that require keys) as long as there is a space on the other side, it is normally accessible, and requires no load screen to access normally."?

If yes, when is it usefull if I can only walk through doors which I could open anyway?

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Is Phase Walk still "-For 30 seconds once a day, can walk through walls (NOT floors/ceiling/doors that require keys) as long as there is a space on the other side, it is normally accessible, and requires no load screen to access normally."?

If yes, when is it usefull if I can only walk through doors which I could open anyway?

That was the goal, but currently it's just.....not really doable. There's no way to no whether a particular area of a dungeon, castle keep, etc,. is off limits simply because of a locked door. But I believe Jakisthe's original idea was for you to be able to say, skip walking hunfred yards south, turn left, turn left, and walk a hundred yards north when you could just phase walk through the wall. :) As it stands right now, for just simple proof of concept testing, it's a teleport spell. If you can cast a rune there you can teleport to it. I have ideas on truly how to implement a type of phase walk after seeing some of the work that RedWoodElf discussed on the Bethsoft CreationKit forums but it wouldn't allow for the "accessible area or not" check.

-MM

you should probably add increased attack speed.

Hi Deama,

That's actually planned. It's part of the general "Increase Speed" implementation, I just haven't gotten around to implementing it yet (see spoiler on previous page). Thanks for making sure that it was covered!

-MM

Hi Deama,

That's actually planned. It's part of the general "Increase Speed" implementation, I just haven't gotten around to implementing it yet (see spoiler on previous page). Thanks for making sure that it was covered!

-MM

thanks; how far are you done with the mod? Cause I really wanna use it :S

Hi Deama,

-MM

The mod will come in stages. Jakisthe and I have some ideas on quests and things we'd like to add in.

So. as far as fleshing out the current Vampire mechanics. There's around 200 different spells/abilities/weaknesses/bonuses that are planned out and about 160 of them are done. Now before people go all nuts with that number and thinks it's a lot, the reality is that it isn't and most of it is passive effects. With the 5 vampire stages there are almost 30 individual bonues/weaknesses. A lot of those are wrapped up in single spell/abilities that are applied. As for castable spells, there are currently about 27 planned and only 10 of them are done, with 3 of those being pseudo implementations, or partially implemented. Realistically, some of the 27 planned spells might not make the cut. We'll see. I've achieved some things I thought were impossible so...

As it stands, I need to finish working out the hunger mechanics. The base hunger/fed tracking is in but the effects for what happens when you get to certain stages of hunger are not designed yet, except a constant detect life that kicks in when you're close to starving and dropping down levels of vampirism is not built out yet either.

We're getting closer and closer to a preview release to get feedback on mechanics and playtesting.

-MM

Hi Deama,

-MM

The mod will come in stages. Jakisthe and I have some ideas on quests and things we'd like to add in.

So. as far as fleshing out the current Vampire mechanics. There's around 200 different spells/abilities/weaknesses/bonuses that are planned out and about 160 of them are done. Now before people go all nuts with that number and thinks it's a lot, the reality is that it isn't and most of it is passive effects. With the 5 vampire stages there are almost 30 individual bonues/weaknesses. A lot of those are wrapped up in single spell/abilities that are applied. As for castable spells, there are currently about 27 planned and only 10 of them are done, with 3 of those being pseudo implementations, or partially implemented. Realistically, some of the 27 planned spells might not make the cut. We'll see. I've achieved some things I thought were impossible so...

As it stands, I need to finish working out the hunger mechanics. The base hunger/fed tracking is in but the effects for what happens when you get to certain stages of hunger are not designed yet, except a constant detect life that kicks in when you're close to starving and dropping down levels of vampirism is not built out yet either.

We're getting closer and closer to a preview release to get feedback on mechanics and playtesting.

-MM

ah.. I see, well, at least I know I won't have to wait like half a year :D

Keep up the good work!

PS: actually I was thinking; instead of increasing the player speed-mult; why not just create a spell that can be toggled as a key (to make it more convenient) and once it is pressed it activates a spell that slows down time, but increases the movement speed by around 5x or something like that. It shouldn't be too hard, I mean you can use the time effect from that slow down shout, and just add in the speed-mult after the spell is activated; and once it is pressed again, disable the spell and remove the 5x (or whatever) from the speed-mult.

Edited by deama