The Thalmor Ignorance

Stormcrown

I find it funny that they say "He was a great man, and a great leader, but he was not a God" -In the Temple of the Divines.

But worshiping him (At his Altar thing) gives you power. Which they say comes from the gods/divines.

So...ergo, since talos can give you power...he's a god.

Right?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the power he grants has to do with Shouting, and most people can't Shout, for all intents and purposes his shrines could be just an object that casts 'cure disease' on anyone who touches it.

Cure Disease by itself is an awesome effect if the shrines wouldn't be that commonplace.

One could argue all heretic and say the powers don't come from the gods anyway, but are a result from your own dedication and belief.

I believe the Thalmor don't care after all if Talos is really a god or not. They just outlawed him in the peace treaty, since they knew it would create civil unrest eating up their foe from within.

Edited by faifh

It's just, I'm fairly certain there is some historic proof of Talos using god-like powers, right?

As the guy in Whiterun says, the Thalmor just can't admit to themselves that a MAN (Not Mer) can be a god.

It does raise the arguement, if a mage can grant you power via spells, does that make him a god as well? Also when said mage becomes powerful enough, could they not ascend into the heavens all god like? Its a really tough choice of where to draw the line in a world of dragon blood and magical powers as to what is divine.

Shouting isn't proof of God-like powers.

Akatosh using Martin Septim and appearing in Nirn (This world) is a god-like power.

The lore often speaks of Tiber Septim transcending humanity and becoming a God. But is this an event that people saw? How did that "rumor" or "fact" start?

These are the questions I am asking.

The Thalmor have some credit, as in the world of Nirn, all of the gods are Aedra. So thefore, being an Aedra marks you as a Divine/God. But Tiber Septim is not an Aedra. Did he become one?

Even mages cannot move through dimensions.

Edited by Stormcrown