Skyrim performance boost

Werne

As I recall, the engine is very sensitive to overclocking and doing so may actually result in decreased performance in this game. That may not be entirely correct but it's something I remember reading at one point, part of the reason I run my CPU at it's standard settings.

I have never overclocked anything in any of my computers, living in North Queensland, the air can get pretty warm making the fans scream at times while playing games, I think upgrading is a better option than tempting fate.....at least upgrading fans if you are going to overclock

As I recall, the engine is very sensitive to overclocking and doing so may actually result in decreased performance in this game. That may not be entirely correct but it's something I remember reading at one point, part of the reason I run my CPU at it's standard settings.

Can't say that it is, I've been playing around with it for a year now and I got no instability or performance issues.

I have never overclocked anything in any of my computers, living in North Queensland, the air can get pretty warm making the fans scream at times while playing games, I think upgrading is a better option than tempting fate.....at least upgrading fans if you are going to overclock

Upgrading is quite expensive, at least for me. E8400 is a great processor that I can get for my PC, 3.0GHz, 6M cache, costs around 250$ around here. Radeon HD 4870 is a good graphics card, costs around 150$ around here. I can get those two for 400$.

The only problem is that my salary is 500$ and I can't afford them.

So I think I'll just stick to tempting my fate. :thumbsup:

As for fans, I've got 6 of them, the CPU fan is placed on an alluminum heatsink with a copper core, I got two fans on my graphics card, one for PSU and two on my case. GPU temp is always below 80 degrees and CPU tem is always below 50.

Edited by Werne

Ok guys, due to being forced to reinstall my OS I had to reinstall Skyrim as well. Since most of the mods and stuff in the OP is either gone or obsolete and since I upgraded to Windows 7 x64, I've wrote a new guide for boosting Skyrim's performance in more detail.

It's updated to support current 1.8.151.0 Skyrim version, SKSE release build 1.6.9 for runtime 1.8.151.0 and contains new mods/programs/utilities that have been tested and used by me. It also provides much more info on overclocking, computer maintenance, basically everything.

However, because Nexus is giving me hell and because this way I can modify everything easier without BBCode glitching out on me, I uploaded it as a 10 page PDF to Google Docs instead of just cramming it in the OP.

You can find it here.

And yes, I'm aware that there are a few grammatical errors (like buisness instead of business) in it but I'm too lazy to fix them at the moment. :P

Edited by Werne

Might sound obvious but be very very careful overclocking. Can damage motherboard and processor you need very good cooling. Pretty sure i ruined my last system trying to OC. Worked fine until i overclocked phenom to 4ghz. Ran fine for about a week then suddenly wouldnt boot. So with my new rig even tho i have an unlocked cpu im leaving everything at default settings. Just cant afford to replace things if their damaged overclocking. JUst not worth it for a 5% performance boost.

• 2 weeks later...

Gremxula, on 24 Feb 2013 - 17:12, said:

Can't do anything (view or download) with your PDF seems like you need to be logged into a google account. Not everybody has one or can access one on a borrowed PC or on a non google browser. :confused:

Here is download link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1060168/Skyrim%20Performace%20Boost%20Guide.rar

Edited by digdeep