Where are the DLC esm files? Skyrim SE

aariq

I want to mod some of the dlc content for Skyrim SE, but I can't find any esm files. I expected them to be in my Data folder with the Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and all of the bsa files. But they're not there. Are they hidden or in a different folder?

People have already modded the dlc so I know there's a way.

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything.

The .esm files appear in my data folder, though the meshes and textures seem to be rolled into the main Skyrim - Meshes0-1 and Skyrim - Textures0-8, etc. If you're just modding creation kit, without altering meshes or textures, they should be selectable in Ck. You may have to do the multiple loads ini tweak, for it to load without crashing, though. Here's an explanation by Chesko, author of Frostfall.

"You may need to enable multiple master support in the Creation Kit if this is your first time using it. With the Creation Kit closed, in SkyrimEditor.ini (located in your Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim directory), under [General] , set bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 and save the file. Add this line if it is not present."

Thanks for the response guys, but I'm not having trouble loading the files. The problem is that I can't find them....anywhere. The esm files aren't in my data folder. I use steam and everything should be in Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data. All that I have is Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and the bsa files. That's it. Am I missing something obvious?

I think your right. I'll 'verify the integrity of the game cache' and see what happens. Maybe they just didn't download.

*Update: That was the problem. They didn't download for some reason. I figured it would be a simple fix but that should have been obvious to me. Oh well.

Thanks for the help guys.

Moderators, you can close this thread.

Edited by aariq