A player-owned fort!

kromey

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm what if you could choose what type of soliders you want. like bandits, necromancer, both or a stuff like that. like you get the castle and you wil meet a man that says he can get soliders for you and then in a dialoge you can by like 1 -5 -10 of each type

It's a good idea, but for now I'm just going to have a single type (generic town guards).

Actually, my plan is to have Hjaalmarch [or whatever hold you're in if I end up using a place other than Robber's Gorge] guards patrolling your town; later on, when you reach a certain threshold, you'll have your own specific "brand" of town guard. I'm even thinking that the local blacksmith can offer you a mini-quest to bring him X number of dragon scales, which he'll use to make dragonscale/dragonplate helms for your guards to honor the Dovahkiin. That might expand to the point where you're outfitting your entire guard (or maybe just your elite personal guard) in full dragonscale/dragonplate armor!

I do like the idea of being able to make choices like that, though, but it's a lot of scripting to make it happen (and for it to be any more meaningful than a simple re-skin), and this is a massive project already as it is. I do intend to include some choices for the player, though -- for example, I'm hoping to give the option for the player to allow the khajiit inside the city (khajiit are banned from all the other cities, which is why you see their caravans set up camp outside the gates), which would obviously make it an enticing place for khajiit from all over Skyrim to at least visit. I'm also toying with some quest lines where you can choose between different resolutions (I hesitate to say "good" versus "bad" endings, because some of what I've got planned isn't really like that -- "different" doesn't necessarily mean "diametrically opposed morally"); I don't want to say too much about that just yet, because what I have planned is still quite sketchy, and I don't want to give anything away.

i does just throw out my ideas.

hmm how about a chest where the equptment ( a armor, weapons, shields, tomes) duplicated and are given to the guards of the town and if you ad tomes the guards learn that magic.

Edited by elricshan

Hm... I don't like the idea of duplicating gear, but if you put in enough weapons/armor for all your guards they could certainly swap out their current gear...

Or perhaps I could add something like the followers' "I'd like to trade some thigns with you" dialog option to allow you to give your guards shiny new armor directly. Hm, I'll have to play with this once the CK's out...

Hm... I don't like the idea of duplicating gear, but if you put in enough weapons/armor for all your guards they could certainly swap out their current gear...

Or perhaps I could add something like the followers' "I'd like to trade some thigns with you" dialog option to allow you to give your guards shiny new armor directly. Hm, I'll have to play with this once the CK's out...

of those two options i think the give it like the companions are a better idea for then the player can choose which soliders that are his elite and how they dresses...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before and I'm too lazy to read through all the posts atm, but Helgen's empty, and it wouldn't be too hard to renovate Helgen Keep. It's a massive castle and there's a lot of space. If you can find the code for the stone corridors, you can delete the rubble in the keep, and repair the old corridor. Then you'll have a massive keep, with it's own secret passage. ;)

In all honesty, Helgen makes a lot of sense. Clearly there was a reason for the fort/town to be there in the first place, right? Why should that change just because a big scary dragon tore it up? In fact, wouldn't rebuilding Helgen be a priority, if for no other reason than to show that the Nords aren't going to be beaten down by some old dragon?

And it certainly has the advantage that the un-destroyed Helgen is already in the game, I'd just have to bring it back and then have one heck of a head start building the new town.

That said, though, I don't want to use Helgen. It's partly because I've no doubt there will be lots more mods that affect Helgen than do lesser places like Robber's Gorge (like City Be Repaired already does), but it's mostly because I just don't like the area that much. Don't really know why, but it just doesn't resonate with me like other places have -- like Fort Sungard, Robber's Gorge, Fort Greenwall, Fort Dunstad, and others have.