MMORPG Virgin requests advice

Chesto

Abramul...yes, the download is daunting, but even one as kackhanded as I managed to do it with no glitches.

Do the Trial, though some things are blocked to you... we bought the full sub after only a few days.

And, once you get a few tutorials under your belt and if you fancy joining a bunch of indigents with ideas 37 jumps above their station, come look for us. We are D.I.N., headquarters in Hulm EDIT ADD: Hulm VIII - Moon 2 - Republic University School >>, and a growing number of low rent offices in low rent areas heading for death space.

D.I.N., as in: all encompassing unpleasant noise , or Deutches Institut fur Normung ( the German Industrial Standards Authority ). Though, as there are no Germans in the corp, as far as I know, you may presume the former meaning.

We have a benefactor in one of the major Corporations out west, or back east or.... One Jonan A. suddenly donated 1 million isk out of blue, with no strings attached. Though he began to show great interest in the quality and quantiity of ore in our area, seemingly lacking in his own. And, having pocketted the mill, I felt it only right that I should give him some co-ordinates.

Fortunately... Sadly he is 50 jumps away so I dont think his Leviathan, or what ever his monstrous vessel was classed, will be darkening our skies soon. Though I did detect a certain wistfulness that , as Croesus rich as he was, the 'crack ' in his mega Corp didn't seem to be of the quality that one can find in the grottier, lower rent areas of EVE. We may see him yet. Isks, as they say , are not everything.

Samroski is showing unexpected suicidal tendencies. Already he wants to go into 0.0 space. Steppen Lemming has proven to be a more moderating influence, cautioning... caution. Or maybe he's just dead weight.

Revan... should you tire of your solo, existential existence and fancy a bit of the Nurse Shark to a small school of minnows heading for the deep end, look us up! BTW, I could fly a Titan very quickly too ... if I only knew how.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think I'll try EVE out, too. An actual MMORPG is rare indeed. Looks like the download will take a few hours...

The download is worth the wait. Hope you are doing the 1.2GB download.

For players like me who spent countless hours playing Elite in the 80s, Eve is the culmination of a lifelong passion of computer and gaming. I am glad that I have had this experience this in this lifetime.

Edit: Thank you Field Marshall Lemming for the introduction to D.I.N. Corporation. As CEO or the corp I would also like to extend an invitation to Abramul and Revan and all members of TES Nexus to join our corporation. Lets all go down together having great fun!

Nope, you cant even fly a Titan in any space above 0.4... you cant use cyno fields in hisec for it to jump to, and its too big to go through a jump gate. The same goes for all capitals and super-capitals.

And gl learning eve! Its a difficult game to get the hang of, and takes a while to get into, but it is well worth the effort - its an amazing game. :)

edit: huh?? where did all those posts after abramul's come from? they werent there a second ago...

Think I'll try EVE out, too. An actual MMORPG is rare indeed. Looks like the download will take a few hours...

The download is worth the wait. Hope you are doing the 1.2GB download.

For players like me who spent countless hours playing Elite in the 80s, Eve is the culmination of a lifelong passion of computer and gaming. I am glad that I have had this experience this in this lifetime.

Edit: Thank you Field Marshall Lemming for the introduction to D.I.N. Corporation. As CEO or the corp I would also like to extend an invitation to Abramul and Revan and all members of TES Nexus to join our corporation. Lets all go down together having great fun!

I might take you up on that, I havent been part of a corp in a long time. The one i was in recently fell apart. I have a fully outfitted Rokh I use much of the time, but the insurance lapsed so she can't fly right now :D

I might take you up on that, I havent been part of a corp in a long time. The one i was in recently fell apart. I have a fully outfitted Rokh I use much of the time, but the insurance lapsed so she can't fly right now :D

Look forward to seeing you in Eve.

Edit:

edit: huh?? where did all those posts after abramul's come from? they werent there a second ago...

Same thing happened to me - did not see Chesto's post after abramul's

Steppen Lemming has proven to be a more moderating influence, cautioning... caution. Or maybe he's just dead weight.

You are our guiding light, Field Marshall Lemming.

(As is evident from the outcome of our mining mission in 0.5 space last night)

Look forward to seeing you in Eve.

Whats your EVE name Samroski? Im pretty sure you stated it but can't find the post if you did.

IT'S... ... ... ... M... no , that's something else. The name of the guy shouting at Steppen all the time on the corp chat channel, and using , one must say, very unflattering allusions to Lemming's parentage, is , indeed, samroski.

If you're into harsh discipline and strict order, Revan..., then... I'm afraid you will be in for a bitter disappointment with us. We just don't have the requisite apparatii. However, if you delight in basking in the sweetness of Anarchy we are the guys for you! But we are trying SO hard to reform.

• 3 months later...

Having played many of them for years my advice would be - don't. heh.

I don't anymore for various reasons but mostly to do with them being too time consuming, too much carrot on a stick and above all, containing immature fools whose only enjoyment seems to come from riling or ruining it for others.

All of them will have some of the elements you speak of, unfortunately. The final one I played, LOTRO, a lot less than others, however and it had a more leisurely pace (since you said you don't have hours to play).

Good luck.

Edit - I wasn't going to single out any games but seeing all the posts about Eve, I have to respond to that. This is, of course, just my opinion but I found it gorgeous to look at, great that one can train whilst away but then quickly, mind numbingly boring and extremely frustrating due to the open PvP and the massive amount of folks who like to lie in wait for newbies so that they can destroy their ships. Add to that you can't get out and walk around and ...... it wasn't for me. I gave it a few months just to be fair but that was that, I won't go back.

guild wars is possable the best choice for anyone

and how did i know knew you was going to put MMORPG Virgin haha

Carth Onasi

Archived