Invisible Aleswell Mission

kyle01

Help me if you can. I'm trying to complete the Aleswell Invisible Town quest. I have to stand in the center of town and cast the spell. I used the little green quest arrow to guide me to the precise center of town. I cast the spell. I get message telling me that the spell didn't work because I was not in Aleswell when I cast it. WTF!

I went back to a previous save, fast traveled somewhere else and fast traveled back to Aleswell and repeated the process. Same result.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this or get around it.

Thanks,

Kyle :unsure:

If I recall correctly I was standing in the middle of the farmer's garden when I cast the spell. That may not be the same spot as the fast travel marker (on the UESP Wiki map it looks like the fast travel marker is close to the road behind Sakeepa's house).

I used the local map that puts a little green arrow at your destination spot to find the exact center of town. It was in the middle of the garden. I cast the spell and then got the message that it didn't work because I wasn't in Aleswell. As I said...WTF! Why isn't this working?

Kyle

The only thing I can think to suggest is disable your mods and then make a clean save. Load the clean save and try casting the scroll in the middle of the garden. If it works you'll know it's a mod related problem ... if it doesn't we've eliminated that possibility. If it does work then you could try your old save from before making the clean save with just half your mods disabled. If it works you'll know the bad mod was in that half, if it doesn't the re-enable the first half and disable half of the remaining half. Keep working it down until you find the offending mod.

Thank you, Striker879! I restarted Oblivion, using the mod manager to turn off all but a couple of essential mods. I then went to the center of Aleswell and cast the spell. It worked. The towns folk are now visible.

I saved the game and restarted, turning no my mods again.

I don't know which particular mod caused the problem, but unless this kind of thing starts happening a lot, I'm not sure I care.

Thanks a bunch!

Kyle :biggrin:

Cool ... glad it's somewhat sorted out for you. Now you have a free room (with storage) and two sisters who don't like you. All in all, not a bad deal.