Unnoficial patch for the shieverils isles

eregor2

Make sure you download and install the correct official patch. There is a different official patch for the game when you have Shivering Isles installed than if you don't have SI installed. Here's a link to the Bethesda Softworks official patches page. Click the little plus sign beside The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles if you have SI installed and select the correct language for your game install.

Make sure you download and install the correct official patch. There is a different official patch for the game when you have Shivering Isles installed than if you don't have SI installed. Here's a link to the Bethesda Softworks official patches page. Click the little plus sign beside The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles if you have SI installed and select the correct language for your game install.

I've tried to install the latest patch for SI but it say the files are already installed so i think they patched the game on cd already as I bought the 5th anniversary of the game.

The way to tell what version your game is patched to is look in the lower left corner of your screen when the menu is displayed. If it says 1.2.0416 then you are at the latest version, either with or without the Shivering Isles installed. I know with my old original disk version if you patched to version 1.2.0416 before you installed the Shivering Isles you had to uninstall the game if you later wanted to install SI. I'm not sure how the 5th Anniversary edition handles that situation. You'll know you have the Shivering Isles installed when you look in your quests journal and it says "I have heard a rumor that a strange doorway has appeared on a small island in the Niben Bay. I should investigate.".

The way to tell what version your game is patched to is look in the lower left corner of your screen when the menu is displayed. If it says 1.2.0416 then you are at the latest version, either with or without the Shivering Isles installed. I know with my old original disk version if you patched to version 1.2.0416 before you installed the Shivering Isles you had to uninstall the game if you later wanted to install SI. I'm not sure how the 5th Anniversary edition handles that situation. You'll know you have the Shivering Isles installed when you look in your quests journal and it says "I have heard a rumor that a strange doorway has appeared on a small island in the Niben Bay. I should investigate.".

seems I have the latest patch and I did receive that msg about the strange doorway in the Niben Bay.

So will you be the Madgod someday?

I dont know about the Madgod, what it is? :O)

and where again I can get the unofficial patch for SI, I prefer to get it from you as you have all awnsers ;)

Edited by eregor2

Careful how much weight you put on these old shoulders ... you could say I have some of the answers. This one I can handle. Here's the link to the Unofficial Shivering Isles patch. In case you don't already have it this is the link for the Unofficial Oblivion patch.

The term 'Madgod' refers to Sheogorath, one of the Daedric Princes.