What's everyone's thoughts

NCRForever

Ok. Ok. Let's get back on track. This isn't the "Why Trump Won" post. This is asking what people thought about a modder is blaming Trump becoming president as his reason for removing his mods. If you want to banter about Trump being awful, or Hillary being cheated, please take it elsewhere. Thank you.

All this is just my opinion but Trump rightfully won and:

A. Hillary was incompetent.

B. Brain damaged according to reports, not a insult I mean this was on the news *

C a hypocrite and all around liar.

D offensive to many groups. She tried to play on her gender, made stereotypes of races, insulted crime victims...adopted a southern accent and mentioned hot sauce when addressing black people. (this last almost comically bad)

All this having to do with her professional campaign and her offices here, not private life...no low blows like she resorted to with Trump dragging out non relevant issues such as locker room talk. (trying to manipulate activists)

The sad thing is even considering things trump, probably dose respect women in reality more than her. Running was no more or less than a career move in my view and her claiming to care was just trying to be too smart for her own good and manipulate popular opinion because she happened to be born a woman...playing on this and using it.

If this country were racist and if her party were hypothetical that kind of person would have simply called Trump a racial sympathizer, or some such rot. Whatever the moment seems to demand..but like most of this...that's just my take on her. My measure of her character from all available data. In short opinion and everybody has one.

I think she lacks integrity.

The truth is that backfired among trumps demographic, I have spoken to women friends who said to the effect, at least he is a man. They wish they were his wife and had such a beautiful family.

As for the no prior office of the like thing this is good, considering his platform and campaign promises I think he will keep to best of his ability.

We needed an outsider to Washington, with his unique background and successes. Yep Hillary was busy doing what in my opinion contextually amounted to nothing, while Trump was building an empire.

Her husband was worlds smarter, and when not riding on his coattails....if she had listened to the advice he tried to offer, the voice of his experiences, the truth is she may have won anyway. I am glad she did not. I bet those people that laughed at Bill's suggestions are rethinking that now.

She planted people, payed them to protest. Conducted perversions, or rather improprieties repeatedly through a lesion reportedly.

Then there is the email thing which I care comparatively little about, involving I.C. Wiener or whoever it was. Mr. Wiener apt name I think considering how it turned out.

Ye gods do I need to get Hanover fists from the heavy metal movie in here? The dope selling while dressed as a nun and a couple others, are ''probably'' the only things she didn't do or I would give him a call. Shes not capt stern but you get my point.

On a personal note, it is my opinion that she also looked like a dead eyed, ravening lunatic. I have visited mental patients with just that same expression, no lie.

To be fair to her though, what would she have done in office? My opinion? Absolutely nothing whatsoever of any value, or really major detriment. Status quo all way down the line baby. Which is what people don't want.

I don't deny a woman president could work, like a queen, its nothing new, there have been women rulers throughout history, and the fact that its president and not queen dose not change the basic principle...but I feel strongly that it would be a insult to women everywhere if it was her just the same.

Besides I don't believe the woman really meant a single thing she said. She was using minorities and women not championing them in my opinion. Like she said something to the effect of there is a public view and a private view.

I think she shamelessly played every card she could and when it did not work she was like waaaa what happened?

Did she really think the majority of people were that dumb? That dumb? Give people a little credit just a bit please. She was almost making fun of these people and some of them still don't see it in my view.

As I said, removing a mod over this is childish... if one expected it to make a difference to anybody except that the mods gone,...I mean on a political level, that's edging into the land of lunacy.

P.S.

Now just for fun, I make no claims or connections to anyone, just explaining the Hanover ''joke'' reference for those who missed the film by 20 years or so:

I saw a documentary of Hillary growing up on the propaganda news, and was like, my god what happened to her, she seemed to show such potential. What a waste.

Edited by skyquest32

Ok. Ok. Let's get back on track. This isn't the "Why Trump Won" post. This is asking what people thought about a modder is blaming Trump becoming president as his reason for removing his mods. If you want to banter about Trump being awful, or Hillary being cheated, please take it elsewhere. Thank you.

Before you close this let me chime in here with an opinion on the actual question being asked. I f you take the time to read the statement by apollodown, which apparently most people here have not done, you should note that he did not take his mods down because Trump won; he took them down because of his own realization that a large proportion of people downloading his mods would hold political opinions that he himself would be offended by - in other words Hilary's basket of deplorables.

Speaking as one of the deplorables - I would have voted Trump if I could have, I think he is wrong about Trump supporters, but not wrong to take down his mods. If he really believes that Trump supporters are a bunch of hateful neo-Nazis and fascists and he doesn't want to share with them, then going by the logic he is operating under, his choice to remove his mods would be brave and moral. It is his perception that is flawed, not his decision. His decision was based on the perception.

It is a small example of the political climate in the US right now. No one is listening to what anyone else is really saying as they all talk past each other. It's time for people to start listening to each other with open minds instead of succumbing to their worst fears. Wasn't it Hilary, who after she lost, urged people to give Trump a chance, or did I dream that?

Before you close this let me chime in here with an opinion on the actual question being asked. I f you take the time to read the statement by apollodown, which apparently most people here have not done, you should note that he did not take his mods down because Trump won; he took them down because of his own realization that a large proportion of people downloading his mods would hold political opinions that he himself would be offended by - in other words Hilary's basket of deplorables.

Speaking as one of the deplorables - I would have voted Trump if I could have, I think he is wrong about Trump supporters, but not wrong to take down his mods. If he really believes that Trump supporters are a bunch of hateful neo-Nazis and fascists and he doesn't want to share with them, then going by the logic he is operating under, his choice to remove his mods would be brave and moral. It is his perception that is flawed, not his decision. His decision was based on the perception.

It is a small example of the political climate in the US right now. No one is listening to what anyone else is really saying as they all talk past each other. It's time for people to start listening to each other with open minds instead of succumbing to their worst fears. Wasn't it Hilary, who after she lost, urged people to give Trump a chance, or did I dream that?

Finally. Someone who actually reads and understands. Most people only see "Trump vs Clinton" in any post that mentions either or.

"It's time for people to start listening to each other with open minds instead of succumbing to their worst fears. " Isn't that kind of what Trump said after he won the election?

I agree that people have the right to do as they see fit when it comes to how they believe. Barring terrorist/harmful actions of course. This mod author sees things through a damaged perspective. But, he believes his view and took action. By taking his mods down. Right, or wrong, it was his decision and he made it.

Edited by NCRForever

Fine...here it is, based on what you have just said:

In my view he did it to make a public statement, taking advantage of the content of his mod to get a little backing and draw Attention.

If the content was truly offensive or suggestive of something offensive in the first place he would not have made it because he would not have been inspired to make a thing with such symbolism he would have loathed with or without Trump.

For example if a guy made a variant on Nazi uniforms and sold them online, then pulled them because he thought some supporters of a political figure may use them, this begs the obvious question....

Hence its a cry for attention and childish and not really relevant as I said.

Giving it a little thought I saw no integrity, but the reverse. A Hillary like movie, which is what I would roughly expect.

That said I know nothing of this guy or his mod, but this seems a valid argument based on the finer points of what you said, assuming you actually read the piece in question.

Edited by skyquest32

I didn't know people were doing this but-

I honestly think it's pointless. The government could honestly care less about fan made content to a video game. They'd care more about the game itself and even THAT'S a stretch.

No more than they would care about some idiot starving himself and chaining his leg to a bicycle rack, but people do it. Privately in that case, people would probably thinking well that takes care of the guy for a bit, at least.

Maybe he wont be cutting up rough clicking his heels, like a leprechaun, and generally making a public nuisance of himself for a bit.

Its almost like a kid threatening to hold there breath in a toy store. Same effect.

He would be better of holding a remembrance circle jerk an intervention or a pc love in or whatever they do these days? He might then at least enjoy himself a bit with his friends.

This guy, though...now that I think of it...what he really expected hes got...a few people are talking about it in this random thread. Hes probably reading it right now, and patting himself on the back as we speak.

Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Edited by skyquest32

I feel this part of that juvenile rant sums up the entire thing:

"And it was at that point that I realized that at some point, a real life Nazi - not a joke, not a meme, but an actual person who believes in eugenics and genocide as domestic policy - has used my mods at some point, and enjoyed them. Of course this is always the case when you work with the sheer number of users that I work with, but what really got to me is that knowing that the gamer demographic skews straight white male, and that the PC gamer demographic skews it even further that direction, could it possibly be that the majority of people in the gaming community share these bigoted views? I would certainly hope that given the relatively young age of the demographic this would not necessarily be the case, but given the comments I've received over the years, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the majority of you were open bigots on and offline.
Soooooo, that's why I quit. I realized that I am serving more Nazis than I am comfortable serving. Frankly, ZERO nazis would be ideal, but once we get to be over 10% Nazi, that's where I draw the line. And I believe that there is a high enough chance that the gaming community, including the skyrim modding scene, has crossed that 10% threshold."
Where to even begin?
My impression is that this particular modder is a typical, attention-whoring SJW, with a massive ego on one shoulder, and a massive chip on the other, who, much as is the case with his equally delusional counterparts on the Right, believes that if people aren't 100% in agreement with him, they are automatically "the enemy." Moreover, many fundamentally decent individuals who actually enjoy this guy's mods have ended up caught in the crossfire; I consider that asinine. (and btw, I say this as somebody who has always been on the centre-left side of the spectrum)
While I, in general, have deep respect and appreciation for most modders... I've *always* avoided anything by this guy, because he generally seemed unwilling to take responsibility if his (very buggy) mods caused an issue. Yes, there are many stupid, and lazy, mod users out there who are apparently illiterate... but attitudes like his are inexcusable.
So.. while I view said modder's actions as puerile in the extreme.... I, personally, don't consider his departure any great loss. (though I do feel badly for those who enjoy his work)

I'm rather reminded of this:

Edited by Sonja