Windslash blade

FalloutOrion

For melee characters, can someone create a melee weapon that has an insane range? Like, you may be 500 ft from someone, but if you slash this weapon at them it would still hit them.

Definitely not for the purposes of "immersion" and "realism".

This item would allow melee fighters to not have to invest in magic or archery to hit opponents from afar.

Also, is there a console command that increases your attack range?

Edited by FalloutOrion

For melee characters, can someone create a melee weapon that has an insane range? Like, you may be 500 ft from someone, but if you slash this weapon at them it would still hit them.

Definitely not for the purposes of "immersion" and "realism", but who honestly plays a game with magic and dragons and expects it to be realistic?

This item would allow melee fighters to not have to invest in magic or archery to hit opponents from afar.

Also, is there a console command that increases your attack range?

Actually you'd be surprised how many people play "a game with magic and dragons" and still expect it to be "Lore friendly". That's why there's a lore in this game that a lot of people look at as almost the laws of physics, where it's absurd to create or propose anything that go against them. I don't know if people expect these games to be "realistic" but definitely "lore friendly" which is pretty much realism but for games. As for your request, there could actually be a mod idea that solves both your range problem and other player's lore friendly problem. Maybe an enchantment that would resemble a "does 20 points of frost damage" enchantment, but the affect doesn't occur via contact of the blade but in the direction the blade is swinging in. Just a thought.

Because range on weapons is quantifiable (e.g. claymores hit targets further away than daggers), there must be a stat on a weapon that someone can modify to increase the range of a sword by a lot. Is there a website, or even a way to go into the game, that gives all of the stat files on weapons, then you can go in and change one of them? I would really appreciate that. Or even a console command that increases your attack range? In terms of a mod request, this is just changing a single stat, I hoped it wouldn't be too difficult.

EDIT: Also, on scotty's comment about this being able to be accomplished in a lore-friendly way, I definitely agree. The weapon could be given by some "Wind god", and the reason it hits targets from afar is the blades ability to transfer energy across air. A fixed distance would be ok, like 100 ft, but its still doable while respecting the lore.

Edited by FalloutOrion

Actually you'd be surprised how many people play "a game with magic and dragons" and still expect it to be "Lore friendly". That's why there's a lore in this game that a lot of people look at as almost the laws of physics, where it's absurd to create or propose anything that go against them. I don't know if people expect these games to be "realistic" but definitely "lore friendly" which is pretty much realism but for games. As for your request, there could actually be a mod idea that solves both your range problem and other player's lore friendly problem. Maybe an enchantment that would resemble a "does 20 points of frost damage" enchantment, but the affect doesn't occur via contact of the blade but in the direction the blade is swinging in. Just a thought.

Good thing about mods is that they're completely optional. So if you want a lore-friendly Skyrim just don't install this ... erm ... thing. I do like the thread openers weirdish idea, but I don't think I would use this kinda sword myself. But why not try out a mod like this. I'd have different priorities in my mod-requests tho.

Edited by davekmoody

Because range on weapons is quantifiable (e.g. claymores hit targets further away than daggers), there must be a stat on a weapon that someone can modify to increase the range of a sword by a lot. Is there a website, or even a way to go into the game, that gives all of the stat files on weapons, then you can go in and change one of them? I would really appreciate that. Or even a console command that increases your attack range? In terms of a mod request, this is just changing a single stat, I hoped it wouldn't be too difficult.

EDIT: Also, on scotty's comment about this being able to be accomplished in a lore-friendly way, I definitely agree. The weapon could be given by some "Wind god", and the reason it hits targets from afar is the blades ability to transfer energy across air. A fixed distance would be ok, like 100 ft, but its still doable while respecting the lore.

I totally agree, and think your idea is terrific. I'm not a very good modder and couldn't tell you the difficulty this would be to create, however I can tell you it will be a hell of a lot easier when the CK comes out. So until then, we'll just have to be patient (hopefully it's released soon!).

I totally agree, and think your idea is terrific. I'm not a very good modder and couldn't tell you the difficulty this would be to create, however I can tell you it will be a hell of a lot easier when the CK comes out. So until then, we'll just have to be patient (hopefully it's released soon!).

I am glad that someone appreciates the idea, and I am not the only one in support of this. Do you know when the CK is coming out?

• 2 years later...