Random useful tips (no spoilers!)

RokHere

Me thinks it's best to RP that these simple puzzles are really hard for the NPC's and are just a game version, like combat, of what you RP. So when so and so says something like I wonder if these do something, but it takes you to figure it out, I just RP that the actual puzzle was much harder.
I think that its supposed to kill you if you make a mistake in the doors puzzles, i think most of them, if not all of them have always a fire/poison trap if you try the door with the wrong combination.
Makes no sense. IMHO its just some clichè you are advocating.

lol no dude, Restoration needs magicka, while alchemy doesnt. Any warrior char would be already spending all their levels on Health or Stamina already, and the basic 100 magicka can only do so much, specially at higher levels. Edited by eltucu

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to share my experience concerning perks.

I decide to play as a warrior concentrating on: One Handed, Block, Light Armor for primary skills and Archer, sneak for secondery skill.

Conclusion to me Archer and Sneaking are the most powerful skills.

My Tips:

1- Sneak as much as you can.

2- Use your bow to strike from afar while sneaking.

3- Don't: rush, run... Walk slowly... Stop and you will see more clearly.

4- Small quest are your fund of small money dont forget to chop, harvest cabbage, wheat...

5- Visit each bar in every city to get leads for work.

6- Save before every quest and before entering any city.

7- Listen then Talk...

Thanks.

Books that give training are valued as a lot more than books that are not, probably around 50-70ish, so just scan the bookshelves instead of opening them all up.

On this. How do you pick up a book without reading it? on PC.

You can ask your follower to pick it up, and trade it with him/her without reading it.

-edit-

Gah i hate these long topics where you answer a question from the first page, and then after reading the topic through find out that 3 other people answered it. :wallbash:

Edited by BlashyrkhRavendark

The twin towers with a bridge? The Necromancer Stone pillar I think. If you activate that you'll lose the blessing of the other pillar (The first three you encounter is Thief, Warrior and Mage pillars). The Necro stone gives you the ability to raise a corpse for once a day.

Yes, the bandits lived in the twin towers joined by a bridge. The pillars are on the right side on the road back to Whiterun.

Thanks for the tip.

When leveling up, enemies get stronger, so be careful if you are boosting skills like alchemy, smithing, and enchanting!

Dude, this skills put to use make your more powerful than any other!

Skyrim has no mentionworthy "Leveling Problem" like Oblivion anyway.

Edited by faifh

I was planing to restat my char, and so i have a question about perk points.

What i planing to do, it to remove points from skills i dont use on this char manually, then level some skill up (to get some levels = perks) then use "set skill" and "set level" to return them to initial status.

The question is - will the "world level" return to my level (15) or it will stay at level 20 (i need 5 points) after i use "set level 15"?

Basically the quiestion is will i start encountering lvl20 random monsters rather then lvl15 ones after all this manipulation?

When leveling up, enemies get stronger, so be careful if you are boosting skills like alchemy, smithing, and enchanting!

Dude, this skills put to use make your more powerful than any other!

Skyrim has no mentionworthy "Leveling Problem" like Oblivion anyway.

yes and no. It makes it harder if people pwoer level it right away and do not have the stuff needed to craft daedric or dragon.

for one to boost it they need to be able to take full advantage of it.

yes and no. It makes it harder if people pwoer level it right away and do not have the stuff needed to craft daedric or dragon.

for one to boost it they need to be able to take full advantage of it.

No smithing improves your amor and weapons right away. Alchemy gives you better heal potions and whatnot right away. Enchanting gives you tons of money right away (which you can use to buy better equpiment rightaway).

Sorry no. Its a non issue. You could make a new character and spent all the time in town to level him to 100 armor/alchemy/enhanting and have no problems in any dungeon. I'd even advice a player having problems to even concentrate on smithing since the damage/armor ups you get from improving even steel equipment is uber to anything other skill.

If there is one useless skill in terms of survival, its pickpocket, and the leveling issue is no big deal. After the critics they earned (right so!) with oblivion they *did* take care of it.

Edited by faifh