Help with my Locksmith mod

Tomzo711

I've been working on a mod that alters how the progression of the Locksmith perks work. So far I have the following:

-Player has access to attempt any lock of any difficulty without perks.

-Sweet spot of locks are modified to make them more difficult but become easier with the selection of perks.

-Final perk no longer makes bobby pins unbreakable.

The aim of this mod is to make Locksmith feel more natural by simulating the gain of skill in the art, thus making picking locks easier with the selection of perks. Selecting a Locksmith perk is now essentially the ascention to a new skill level.

This is where I need some help. I've found that picking a Master Lock can still be a bit easy, even with a very small sweet spot, if you know how to play the minigame. What I would like to do is modify the health of bobby pins. Doing this, I believe, would flow well with the natural feel of skill progression.

Essentially, like locks getting easier with skill, you learn how to be more careful with bobby pins. Basically you're not being as rough with them when attempting the pick and they last longer. Couple this with a mod that makes bobby pins harder to find (I may attempt an optional file for that) and you'll find they have much greater value.

Another question I have is in the CK I've found entries in the perks for auto pick chance but in game there's nothing for an auto attempt. Am I missing something?

Update

So I discovered some lines in the Gameplay tab. The ones that seem to be of interest to me are:

fLockpickBreakAdept 2.0000

fLockpickBreakApprentice 2.0000

fLockpickBreakBase 0.0500

fLockpickBreakExpert 2.0000

fLockpickBreakMaster 2.0000

fLockpickBreakMult -0.0010

fLockpickBreakSkillBase 1.0000

fLockpickBreakSkillMult 0.0050

fLockpickBreakPicksMult 0.0000

So, to sum it up quickly I have no earthly idea what any of this means except that maybe it will in some way alter how easily or hard it is for the bobby pins to break in game. If anyone could please give me a nudge in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.