Eve Online Log

samroski

Hi there,

Just found nexus and thus, this thread. Excellent read. I had forgotten what it was like when starting out.

Been in several alliances ( as a devout pvp'er) and recently decided to take a break. So I'm missioning in empire at the moment, looking at options.

Term. No hard feelings I hope, but I was a member of one of the merc corps tasked with wardecing eve uni. Actually I was one of the pilots that finally brought down the pos.

Very valliant attempt to save it btw!

Hope you keep posting Sam. Been a very interesting read so far. If you ever need a hand in gall space look up Melkinor T'sbanion. I'd be glad to help.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lazytanker and ravinluny- thanks for your comments. I have actually held back on getting the rattlensnake. I got up to 1 bil pretty quick as soon as I put the stuff on the market- but I have now spent quite a bit :) on raw materails again. Feel as if I want to hoard up the money for a rainy day- but I cannot help spend/re-invest it. Eve is crazy. I think I'll end up spending it all on raw materails and re-start the production cycle....

Ravinluny, you're in Seppukku Warriors? Or that other 0.0 corp... Vertigo Coalition or something (I forget exactly)? I heard the battle for the POS was pretty epic, people in the uni at least seemed to enjoy it :P I haven't been part of the uni for a while now though, so I wasnt there.

In other news, my RL cash has dried up, and my GTC has too, so I'm currently eve-less, and bored to death already... :(

EDIT: I dont suppose you'd be willing to tell me who it was that hired you btw? :P I could put that information to good use I reckon...

• 3 weeks later...

I got the rattlesnake, and I like it. So much so that I have sold my CNR. Experimented with active tanking and am now testing passive (which seems to be better).

http://i39.tinypic.com/242ztbt.jpg

Oh yes! I was ganked a couple of days ago. Was exiting Jita station when it happened. Needed zydrine for my manufacturing operation and I got 200 mil worth and put it in an unfitted hauler along with some salvage and thus presented a real soft target. Possibly as a compensation, great looking smoke and fire bellowed from the ship before it exploded.

Zydrine's a big target for suicide gankers I've noticed. I've had several friends get ganked hauling it.

I'd recommend in the future that you make sure to always use a Deep Space Transport with a good buffer, or a freighter for moving things like that, even if they are low volume, the high value will make it worth while usually.

Glad you're enjoying the Rattlesnake though! It is a pretty cool ship.

Oh yes! I was ganked a couple of days ago. Was exiting Jita station when it happened. Needed zydrine for my manufacturing operation and I got 200 mil worth and put it in an unfitted hauler along with some salvage and thus presented a real soft target. Possibly as a compensation, great looking smoke and fire bellowed from the ship before it exploded

Put your zyd in a container. Then set up a courier contract to yourself or your corp.

This will put the container into bubble wrap. Ship scanners can only scan through 2 layers (ships hull and container). They wont be able to scan the zyd.

Thus they wont risk suicide ganking you!

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Still playing after 3 years straight, nullsec burn out, just joined forum and very happy i did. :thumbsup:

But i just had to mention a story about the Rattlesnake. I was in Ka Tet from it's start and near it's end, and in my Corp AWM there was this one god of a Player Named "Catholic Priest".

CP "had" a rattlesnake fit that was insane. He got into a fight with Burn Eden at the Konora Gate in N-rael - an lasted nearly an hour against a squad of there PVP Ravens. If you do a search on the eve-o forums you'll find a great post by the Burn eden guys about it. It also tells how we missed saving his but by about 5 minutes. :wallbash:

And if you can find his fit for that Rattlesnake posted anywhere, THAT'S the fit you want for it. Can't remember if he posted it in reply to BE. If you can get access to the kill mail - it will tell all.

and even with the new patches and changes it's still a stellar fit. It'd probably shrug off the new T3 cruisers too, I think.

And thanks also Ravinluny, good trick for the hauling. I'll so use that!

:biggrin:

Doomfarer will look for the fit. WIth my skills I find the rattlesnake better than the CNR at level 4- the tank is great, I love the way it looks and damage done is reasonable. Likely to use it for a long time for level 4s- possibly till I get the Golem :)

In the meantime I am minutes away from a Tengu. Have already bought and assembled one for 597 million. I could have built it for under 500 mil had I waited for all my buy orders to come in- but with the skills nearly trained the wait was not possible.