Best Way to Level Pickpocket?

AurianaValoria1

Seriously, I finished the TG with no perks in picpocket. Just that every time I need to pick a pocket, I just use an invisibility potion and the TG boots (+15% chance of pickpocket). When I picked up a non-unique item that increases pickpocket I disenchanted it. I never sell enchanted items that i pick up without checking if I already know the enchantment, and I never sold my unique armors (TG, DB, etc). I kept them LOL.

At first I totally hated leveling Pickpocket too (well, I still do but yeah...). Anyway, I hope this can help you:

If you're low level, go to Windhelm and find Silda. She's usually wandering around the town, though you can probably find her by the front gate or the Blacksmith quarters. (she's also involved in an automatic-triggered quest, so there's a chance to find her by the cemetary)

After you locate her, save the game. Ask her to teach you about Pickpocket (she'll ask you for a low amount of money, so it should be no problem), just go one level at a time. After you get the level, hide and steal the money back from her. Rinse and repeat. Remember to save every time you do this, as your chances should not be very good at first.

Try to get the awesomesauce steal money perk as soon as possible. This is the method *I* used, so I can't guarantee it's the best. However it worked well for me and it took me about 1 hour to get from lvl 60 to lvl 100. Deposit your gold in your house so you only have 1000 or so. Go to a guard quarter in any city late at night (I think this can also work as well with normal citizens). Find a sleeping guard. Save the game first. Reverse Pickpocket him for 1000 (or maybe less if you're still low level), and take the money back from him. Rinse and repeat. Pretty much every time you pickpocket your 1000 money back, you'll raise at least one level (try to get Lover's comfort or Lover's stone bonus for quicker leveling).

I swear I tried to pickpocket the guy at the Riften Jail, but it's REALLY slow and kind of dangerous as there's a guard that'll attack you if he sees you.

As for better Pickpocket chances, you can do a few Thieves guild quests, which will net you with a Thieves guild outfit. The boots in particular will give you a 20% Pickpocket bonus, which is really nice.

Edited by NegativeRainbow

Here's the easiest way without console cheats, getting caught, or spending time in jail. Find a target...save the game...view their inventory...attempt a steal. If you succeed, good...save game after successful pickpocket. If you fail...reload save and try again...until successful. Its a tedious process at first, but you eventually can steal items of greater value, which levels you up faster. This way you have a 100% success rate since you only save on successful attempts.

I have found sleeping bandits are excellent to increase the sneak skill, may work for pickpocketing too, who knows, I never picked a pocket on all time playing TES games (actually I never played a thief in them too, just seems... out placed).

PS: Still most my later characters at Oblivion was under the thief sign because the bonus it provides are all extremely useful for an Afinity sword user, mainly luck. Yet none actually specialize in shadow behavior if you do understand me :)

Edited by nosisab

buy or enchant items with +pickpocket chance (rings,necklace,ect.), before trying to pick someones pocket quick save(F5).

rinse and repeat until 100 that is all.

Just want to add on my previous post that reverse pickpocket also works,it gives you same amount of exp as ordinary picking pockets and you don't need to put perk points in that tree if you're not planing to go thief role playing.

just my 2 cents ;)