Nexus Mods On Social Media

TerrorFox1234

In response to post #47123285.

rccarlson wrote: Sounds great! Just make sure the social media aspect stays low-profile on the Nexus site please! If a bunch of "Like on Facebook" or "Follow on Twitter" buttons pop up, it'll utterly ruin the site's aesthetic and flow. It's the little things that count the most! The Nexus is a glorious land of creativity and opportunity, so don't fix what ain't broke!

We'll have a couple of unobtrusive banners and buttons (the banners are actually already in place). They will be small and out of the way, so that they are relatively easy to find but not "in your face". Even when the redesign happens we will keep those elements discrete.

Thanks for the support and feedback. :)

Hey guys, best of luck. You have a really solid core to your social strategy & I bet your community here on the nexus will quickly adopt these new platforms.

I'm a social marketing & community manager for a large consumer tech company and thought I would impart some tips for you guys, hope its of use (seriously learn from my mistakes!)

1. Social is pay to play when reaching new people. Consider promoting some posts at the start the ball rolling.

2. Organically - video content is king. FB algorithms are all about video or live video and will help drive the reach and engagements you need to grow in influence. Consider short 5 second clips emulating giffs for mod spotlights etc.

3. Retex and sharing of images is a HUGE part of the nexus - you might want to consider Instagram for this purpose.

4. Hashtags - use hashtagify.me to research into popular hashtags that are relevant to your audiences & abuse them on twitter and Instagram. However on Facebook- minimise usage- otherwise the algorithms will shut you down.

5. Take care with competitions - they can create the wrong kind of relationship with a developing community. You don't want 'compers' giving you false community metrics.

6. Keep Facebook post volumes low to start with - around 2 posts a day max: depending on your engagement rates, algorithms will consider you spam if you go OTT with the posting. On Twitter though- go OTT, its totally a volume game.

7. Don't feel afraid to re-use or revisit content, especially on Twitter, across different days. Your content will not get served to every fan (moreso when you get larger) so this ensures your content is delivered to a wider audience of people with different life schedules.

8. If you haven't got anything good to post- don't post. The moment your content lacks value is the moment people disengage,

Hope some of these tips help! :)

In response to post #47138145. #47156565 is also a reply to the same post.

thesniperdevil wrote: Hey guys, best of luck. You have a really solid core to your social strategy & I bet your community here on the nexus will quickly adopt these new platforms.

I'm a social marketing & community manager for a large consumer tech company and thought I would impart some tips for you guys, hope its of use (seriously learn from my mistakes!)

1. Social is pay to play when reaching new people. Consider promoting some posts at the start the ball rolling.
2. Organically - video content is king. FB algorithms are all about video or live video and will help drive the reach and engagements you need to grow in influence. Consider short 5 second clips emulating giffs for mod spotlights etc.
3. Retex and sharing of images is a HUGE part of the nexus - you might want to consider Instagram for this purpose.
4. Hashtags - use hashtagify.me to research into popular hashtags that are relevant to your audiences & abuse them on twitter and Instagram. However on Facebook- minimise usage- otherwise the algorithms will shut you down.
5. Take care with competitions - they can create the wrong kind of relationship with a developing community. You don't want 'compers' giving you false community metrics.
6. Keep Facebook post volumes low to start with - around 2 posts a day max: depending on your engagement rates, algorithms will consider you spam if you go OTT with the posting. On Twitter though- go OTT, its totally a volume game.
7. Don't feel afraid to re-use or revisit content, especially on Twitter, across different days. Your content will not get served to every fan (moreso when you get larger) so this ensures your content is delivered to a wider audience of people with different life schedules.
8. If you haven't got anything good to post- don't post. The moment your content lacks value is the moment people disengage,

thesniperdevil wrote: yup :)

This is awesome, thank you so much for providing such an in-depth reply.
We'll definitely take what you have said on board. So you do social marketing, may need to tap into your brain at some point then? Edited by BlindJudge

In response to post #47138145. #47141890 is also a reply to the same post.

thesniperdevil wrote: Hey guys, best of luck. You have a really solid core to your social strategy & I bet your community here on the nexus will quickly adopt these new platforms.

BlindJudge wrote: This is awesome, thank you so much for providing such an in-depth reply.
We'll definitely take what you have said on board. So you do social marketing, may need to tap into your brain at some point then?

yup :) More than happy to help. Edited by thesniperdevil

In response to post #47164330.

alt3rn1ty wrote: Why does this topic keep coming up in my notifications ???

Sod off with pushing social networks

Notification deleted - Again !

We aren't pushing "extra" notifications on this if that's what you're implying. No idea why it keeps popping up, but I assure you we are *not* trying to shove it down your throat.

In response to post #47164330. #47188535 is also a reply to the same post.

alt3rn1ty wrote: Why does this topic keep coming up in my notifications ???

Sod off with pushing social networks

Notification deleted - Again !
TerrorFox1234 wrote: We aren't pushing "extra" notifications on this if that's what you're implying. No idea why it keeps popping up, but I assure you we are *not* trying to shove it down your throat.

I am not "implying" anything
I am telling it like I saw it

The site software is obviously doing things you were previously not aware of .. And I just remembered an issue which is still open and unresolved ..

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4466205-need-new-preference-option-stop-article-notifications/

.. Possibly related ? Edited by Guest

I'm still working on getting the facebook but I just started on twitter and youtube recently because I just found out that in addition to making mods I also like to make videos.

Also this is great info, thanks! -

Hey guys, best of luck. You have a really solid core to your social strategy & I bet your community here on the nexus will quickly adopt these new platforms.

Hope some of these tips help! :smile: