Suggestion - Cleanup moderator.

TashasOnline

It was a perfect example of how ben clearly would have made my post far more accurate (which would be seen as better by the community) but in doing so changed what I meant.

Which was kinda what he was providing an example of. There's no way for us to know what an author means or implies without being the author ourselves.

:tongue:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Attributed to Robert McCloskey or Richard M. Nixon - take your pick.

It was a perfect example of how ben clearly would have made my post far more accurate (which would be seen as better by the community) but in doing so changed what I meant.

Which was kinda what he was providing an example of. There's no way for us to know what an author means or implies without being the author ourselves.

:tongue:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Attributed to Robert McCloskey or Richard M. Nixon - take your pick.

or a little bit like

"stop quoting me!!!

that's not what I said!!"

I was saying more along the lines of a copy+paste of install instructions that would cover most mods.

Cleanup Moderators Install instructions:

Batch files: blah blah

Manual install: blah blah

Mod manager install: blah blah

Caution: This may not be the way to install all mods, look at the readme or the original modders notes to figure out how to specifically install their mod.

Also, I wasn't saying edit anything that the original modder wrote, just add notes at the bottom of their page such as:

Cleanup Mod's translation:

May not be exact....

blahblahblah etc.

Not changing anything that the modder wrote, but adding to the page to make it clear and concise.

Similarly the US gov should start "fixing" all of the books in the Liberary of Congress to better fit a steamlined standard. :rolleyes:

Really? Actually we have. Ever read an updated version of an old english book? Yeah....

Still keeps the original writers content but makes it easier for normal people [not from the 17th century] to understand.

Obviously.

It's not to change the way people do things or modders note their mods, just to make it easier for the user base to understand and download mods.

Obviously there would need to be a concise set of rules for the moderator if one were appointed to keep the integrity of the mod as I already stated. Really I was just throwing my ideas out there.

Edited by TashasOnline

Also, going on triple posts now, my boyfriend just said, "why don't they create a form that the modders can choose to fill out that would add install instructions/conflicts/ simple details that users need to know etc. that would automatically get filed into a category whereas the mods wouldn't have to do anything."

Because if modders don't bother to write simple instructions for their mods already they are not going to use these "forms" you speak of. They already tried that with a form for required mods and almost no one bothered to use it.

Most often if a mod maker isn't going to bother writing decent instructions or have a readme, it isn't worth bothering to download and install the mod.

Also, the Nexus wasn't created yesterday, once you have been around here a while you will (hopefully) learn how to properly install most mods, along with your boyfriend, without even needing in depth instructions.

(edit) btw there is also an edit button for your posts. Tripple posting is frowned upon here.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

Also, going on triple posts now, my boyfriend just said, "why don't they create a form that the modders can choose to fill out that would add install instructions/conflicts/ simple details that users need to know etc. that would automatically get filed into a category whereas the mods wouldn't have to do anything."

There IS LHammonds's ReadMe generator. Handy tool, that.

Because if modders don't bother to write simple instructions for their mods already they are not going to use these "forms" you speak of. They already tried that with a form for required mods and almost no one bothered to use it.

Most often if a mod maker isn't going to bother writing decent instructions or have a readme, it isn't worth bothering to download and install the mod.

Also, the Nexus wasn't created yesterday, once you have been around here a while you will (hopefully) learn how to properly install most mods, along with your boyfriend, without even needing in depth instructions.

(edit) btw there is also an edit button for your posts. Tripple posting is frowned upon here.

Really, you're going to tell me triple posting is frowned upon while you go out of your way to make snarky comments?

I personally know how to install mods, as does my boyfriend. I'm saying this would create a more uniform existence and overall better community understanding and helpfulness for all the noobs out there.

I agree that if they don't bother to write the instructions on the actual page they probably won't fill out the form, but I disagree that mods that don't have a readme or instructions aren't worth downloading many of them are.

The overall site lacks organization, I'm not saying that it really needs to do everything right away, I'm just suggesting a way for it to become more uniform and easily organized without too much trouble from the moderators.