Fallout 4 High Res Texture Update

L3s7ing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'm just going to use some of the files. To me the weapons look a bit better as does armor/clothes. I can just find the BA2 archives with those folders in them and create matching empty esp files or I'll decomress and create a new archive. Loading the whole package was not great. I saw FPS loss from the poor optimization in a lot of exterior cells. I think just the weapons/armor/clothes will do fine until some kind modder fixes the crap textures.

Anyone see if they fixed the cubemap or whatever for the fake puddles?

They have touched none of the cubemaps.

Yeah didn't think so. I hate the fake puddles, but removing them makes the guns so dull.

Since this HD pack is available for free on Steam, can someone pack some of the textures and upload them on here? I've read the TOS but I'm a bit confused by the fact that modders can upload Bethesda contents, albeit edited, on Nexus. So, I'm not sure how it works when it comes to unedited contents. Thanks.

/rant

That comparison video courteously provide by Hydgreen shows perfectly why this is a slap in the face and a **** up the a$$ for player's from Bugthesda. Notice how the only time you can see any real differecne is when the camera is only inches from the object? That's because of the much, much lower resolution Mips being used almost all the time during normal gameplay. This "Love letter to our PC players" is nothing more than a smooze job and con for the less canny people out there, that don't know any better.

Instead of proper story driven, well written content, we get this crap. Instead of bug fixes and performance enhancements, we get this crap. <sigh>

/rant

I feel better now :smile:

Everyone needs a good rant now and then, I know that I do.

I don't think that I'm going to waste more ssd space on a download that doesn't improve things much but still causes an FPS hit. I might just update the game and F4SE and see how that goes.

There's an interesting article about this DLC, here: http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-high-resolution-texture-pack-comparison-screenshots/

The author posted both positive and negative comments, and great comparison images. But i'm is still hesitant to use it =S

Edited by ReptyleRazer

There's an interesting article about this DLC, here: http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-high-resolution-texture-pack-comparison-screenshots/

The author posted both positive and negative comments, and great comparison images. But i'm is still hesitant to use it =S

Good link, I basically agree with the author of the article - I don't think it can be denied that the High Res Textures are an improvement in many subtle areas of the game but it isn't a change that will jump right out at you. The game looks much like it did originally to me, it's only if you focus on specific items or spots as mentioned in the article that you'll notice them really. I also experienced some hitching when there were a lot of objects on screen at once while I was testing out some mods that wasn't present before installing the DLC. Perhaps this was due to my video card as it is "under spec" for this DLC - I have a GTX 970.

I'm leaving them installed for now as right at this moment I don't need the hard drive space (58 GB is on the ridiculous side) but if I do need the space at some point or the hitching gets too annoying, they'll be the first thing to go.