Any Word On The Creation Kit?

falloutperson416

Actually it's my understanding that when you go to ANY publisher of ANY kind (including but not limited to film, video game, and literary) they DO have a standard contract that they begin by offering, and it's the contractee's job to negotiate particular points from there if they aren't happy with the initial contract (which they shouldn't be, as it often includes little traps like "we own your work" or "we'll charge for it and you'll never know"). This is why whenever an author is trying to get a manuscript published, they should hire an agent or a contract lawyer. Edited by Linsolv

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RECENT TWEETS

@SemanticBBK Once it's ready... we're really close. It could be tomorrow or it could be next week. We'll let you know.

That definitely means not this week then. No way they'd bother with a first look video the day before release.

Sorry, i should have stipulated that in the end your contract won't be identicle. THe point i'm trying to make is we know there have been legal and contractual negotiations on the part of Valve and Bethesda over this. We do not know the content of those negotiations, and as such we only know, in a very loose way, what Valve would want out of the arangement. Making judgements with less than half the information is dubious at best, dangerous at worst.

Until we actually have the EULA in front of us to read, any bemoaning of being charged, having ideas stolen etc is fearmongering based on circumstantial evidence and parinoia.

Valve already did that very thing with TF2.

There's also so incipient anger with regards to delays that the community believes were likely caused by that very integration.

Well on second thought Team Fortress 2 is a different matter; that game you can play for free and they charge for mods. That's how they get the money from it. But isn't Bethesda responsible for charging money for mods? I don't think Valve can charge for Bethesda's game mods

Bethesda has a right to a share of profits made from mods using their tools and games as a base. The workshop offers a chance for Modders to ask for money for their mods. Before one would have difficulty in getting legal agreements to do so, but now Steam will handle that for you by providing a marketplace for a share of the profits. I honestly only see it as a good thing as it helps lessen the concerns developers may have over mods and lost/stolen profits (This may also provoke other game company to support modding more as a profitable venture). In the end it well be up to the Modder if they take money or not but now they have that option without going though difficult or costly legal hoops to do so.

Valve is just acting as a middle man between you and Bethesda so that all three of you can turn a profit off modding, without it likely none of us would. Well that's my 2 cent about the workshop anyways.

I'm curious how steam & bethseda contract will be with all the extra bandwidth these mods would generate "that are supposedly free" as bandwidth isn't free even Nexus have ads and membership to pay bandwidth. I don't see valve putting ads of external parties on steam. So in some logical form there must be some premium or subscription ala Microsoft, EA points system.

If it's all free regarding the bandwidth kudos to them. Will have to wait and see how it develops.

I think Beth nay have finally blew it. Too little too late. I just looked over Kingdoms of Amalur and my credit card is burning a hole in my pocket. I have a feeling that Skyrim is going to be by the wayside very soon and they won't be able to revive their following due to broken promises and a fairly lackluster gaming experience. If the CK had come out in a reasonable amount of time the modding community would have kept it alive but we live in a world of short attention spans and mine has run out.l