Any Word On The Creation Kit?

falloutperson416

I'll never trust PR language like "Coming Soon" or "Close to" and I don't like hazy time frames like "January" or "First Quarter" (Valve killed that trust long ago). If I hear these I will assume that time frame is false and/or thrown together just to say something to me. I think the saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." applies here. Their time and PR would have been better spent on information on the content and contract of the CK and the workshop then a release date that would not be met.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RECENT TWEETS

@SemanticBBK Once it's ready... we're really close. It could be tomorrow or it could be next week. We'll let you know.

That definitely means not this week then. No way they'd bother with a first look video the day before release.

This... It's probably going to be next week, since they plan on releasing the new finished update this week.

Last promise from Bethesda was 'Beginning in January'. Taking a little care when reading can go a long way. Still, its Febuary now...

Correction, they said "beginning in January".

Oops, yeah, you're both right, sorry about that! =)

Certainly looking forward to it!

RECENT TWEETS

@SemanticBBK Once it's ready... we're really close. It could be tomorrow or it could be next week. We'll let you know.

That definitely means not this week then. No way they'd bother with a first look video the day before release.

This... It's probably going to be next week, since they plan on releasing the new finished update this week.

I won't hold my breath.

RECENT TWEETS

If by this week you mean right now, then yes, the update is on its way. 153 mb worth of update, apparently...

With luck, the CK will be days, or even hours away. I'm not holding my breath though, i can only last like 7 minutes that way.

About the release date and PR.

Software creation is a very random thing where it is very hard to know beforehand what time will be needed for any part of it. It is my work and i can tell you for sure from past experience that sometimes you feel that a feature will be written/debugged in half hour and it take you 3 days and sometimes you think you will need a week and do it in a single day. And on a big project it is even worse as you have to follow the delay of all your team (and sometimes have to stop and wait for someone else part of the job before being able to restart your part of the job).

The only way i ever saw release date that were perfect is to announce a delay that you consider really bigger than the need.

"I need around 1 or 2 week for it. Or let's say we release it in one month..."

Then after 3 weeks, all is perfect and ready for launch... Either you release it yelling that your rushed things for a great community need, or you wait your official release day and go play Wii while waiting for it.

The game i bought and have in my hand right now describe Skyrim and tell NOTHING about the CK. They create the CK as "something else" and even if some people buy Beth games for the modding it is NOT included in the billing of your game. So you can not complain about Beth robbery at all.

I enjoyed playing Skyrim for hours and hours with awesome content in it. I know many people had issues in the game but it is hard for me to judge that part of the problem as i had only minor bugs in the game so far, and no big FPS/Gameplay issues (and i am playing on a Laptop that i bought 1.5 Year ago).

I enjoyed the great "visual" mods that people made so far without CK. I will be very happy to create Mods and use others Mods with the CK when it release.

But i will be happy to wait for it to be released when they finish it and prefer it that way than having some incomplete hard to use tool released early like sometimes you can find on other Games.

I have no doubt that when it is finnaly released there will be as many topics about "Lame and bugged CK" and "Beth is crap". It is in the Customers mind to complain even when there is the Perfect Movie/Song/Book/Game out =)

Even had several times my own customers telling me "I love the game you made and its features, but as i NEED to trash, i will trash on things that i don't care only because we NEED to tell you that it s not perfect" ... And i can't argue with that :P

About the "Loosing time making a CK Teaser when they need to release it" ... Well, it is easy to make a Teaser, someone that isn't currently coding the CK can do it and only ask a coder for two minutes of interview to make it nice without slowing the CK Coding at all.

That teaser is made to show the work done so far, but will be used as well even after release of CK to talk about it.

They release it tomorrow ? Good. They release it next week? Good as well as i am able to wait for a good product rather than use a broken/not finished one that will waste my time only to try it some days earlier.

EDIT:

Wanted to add about the "paying on Steam" thing that IMHO that is not an issue and will never be. Even if they made non-free content on it or allow Modders to ask money on it (and i really doubt they would do that at all) IT s not gonna work, as you can still use external modding like nexus with the game. And that mean that for any paying content that someone create, there will be a free clone of it made by people of the community that like to share without the money part of it.

The only way for Steamshop paid content will be the common DLC thing that isn t really modding but more of a "expansion" thing.

If they wanted non-free Modding they would change the structure of the game files to forbid easy file edition.

Edited by hellayfr

Hello new account "hellayfr" was that meant to bait me?

Anyway I'll wait and see as mention before I guess Bethesda does logically have an eye here.

Which is good as the community are not thoughtless drones who buy x product.

I'm curious what they will do next as the damage to their rep is done by their own admission.

As mention before a wait and see approach...

Hello new account "hellayfr" was that meant to bait me?

Honestly no idea what you wanted to say there :P

New Account without tons of posts, yeap( and doubt i will post tons at all, i generally focus on big answers). As i rarely post to any forum if someone already said what i think and unless i have to explain my point of view in details. The nickname i use got no special meaning as well either :P

Was feeling like sharing my view about release dates, game products and contents as it s far from the first time i see discussions like that one (for that game and for other ones). Not specifically targeting anyone OP or answer of the topic.

Wait and see seems the best thing to do indeed. even if can't wait to put my hands on that CK (as everybody else around here i guess :) )

Patience is the best of all virtues in the world and solve a lot of stress =)