Any Word On The Creation Kit?

falloutperson416

The game i bought and have in my hand right now describe Skyrim and tell NOTHING about the CK. They create the CK as "something else" and even if some people buy Beth games for the modding it is NOT included in the billing of your game. So you can not complain about Beth robbery at all.

Is English your first language? It sounds like it's not.

The CK was promised by the developers. There's also no promise on the box that the game includes graphics (there is a mention of display resolution, but keep in mind that text-based games have displays too), but we have reason to believe that the game will have graphics: the previous titles had graphics, the developers promised graphics, and we were told there would be graphics at launch. If it were text-based with the promise of future graphical expansions, you'd claim that you were cheated by their promise that it would have graphics.

(text of the back cover, based on the reference I'm seeing for the PS3 version)

Add-On Content - Trophies
The Elder Scrolls told of their return. Their defeat was merely a delay. Until the time after Oblivion opened, when the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But no one wanted to believe... believe they even existed. And when the truth finally dawns, it dawns in fire.

But, there is one they fear. His name, in their tongue, is Dohvahkiin. DRAGONBORN.

A Must-Own for any gamer. - IGN
Not only one of the best RPGs ever, but one of the best games of ALL TIME. - Game Informer
Player: 1. 1000 MB Required Hard Drive Space. 720p HD Video Output. 480p - 720p. DUALSHOCK 3.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@linsolv yes, my native language is french. Sorry if have bad mistakes in my posts, i try to avoid it as much as possible.

Mine is PC and doesn't even talk about Add-on content. But Add-On content is something is see on almost all my console games and is the DLC expansions and goodies that they will indeed sell (as was on previous TES already) but i do not take modding capacities and Nexus as official DL written on the Box of your game.

RECENT TWEETS

@SemanticBBK Once it's ready... we're really close. It could be tomorrow or it could be next week. We'll let you know.

That definitely means not this week then. No way they'd bother with a first look video the day before release.

This... It's probably going to be next week, since they plan on releasing the new finished update this week.

I think (hope beyond hope, that is) that they are trying to be extra sneaky with this statement. They know they are late and people are irritated, so now they are lowering our expectations as to when the release is gonna be, and then...WHAM! they surprise us with releasing it early tomorrow so people will be all unexpectedly surprised and chuffed! Yep, I'm calling it. Tomorrow. (Please, please, please, tomorrow.)

Still so many rage-faces, and yet those of use NOT rage-facing Bethesda are called the ignorant ones. *sigh*

Let me ask those who are so upset this: is this REALLY the first time and sort of developer has been late with the release of something, software or otherwise? Hell, I remember when everyone was butt-hurt over the delays with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and said they'd never play it, but still pre-ordered it, and that's but one example.

And yet, here we still are. Why? Because as soon as the CK is released, even most of those who say "BETHESDA SUCKS I QUIT LOL" will call in to work that day and the Nexus will probably crash with the amount of uploads added to the server that night.

Why do I continue to love Bethesda? It's not ignorance, oh no. It's because I actually happen to enjoy their games. Whether the Creation Kit comes out tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or so on, that's just life. Setbacks happen. Honestly, with the economy and lay-offs the way they are, I'm surprised we're getting one at all.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got everything ready to make a personal cosmetic compilation. I can wait. :armscrossed:

But hell, this is all personal opinion. And this is the internet. And I've had too much caffeine today. Life is funny that way.

@linsolv yes, my native language is french. Sorry if have bad mistakes in my posts, i try to avoid it as much as possible.

Mine is PC and doesn't even talk about Add-on content. But Add-On content is something is see on almost all my console games and is the DLC expansions and goodies that they will indeed sell (as was on previous TES already) but i do not take modding capacities and Nexus as official DL written on the Box of your game.

Not bad mistakes, just minor ones. I've noticed a lot of the time that non-native speakers can sometimes sound more like they're trying to pick a fight, just because they don't have the lifetim of experience to draw on in selecting nuanced words.

My point was that there are many, many features that were not marked on the box that were expected and were delivered upon, and if they were NOT delivered, then all the people saying that the CK is not an entitlement would be up in arms.

Things like: An open-world design; Character creation; Dialogue; Combat; An inventory system; an so on. These are implications, or stated to have been in the game by the developers, but they're not necessarily intrinsic. Plenty of games have non of these things (take, for instance, Pac Man or Angry Birds). It's just that we had every reason to assume that the company would provide these things in good faith, as we did with the CK. Now that they haven't delivered, it's fair to say we were cheated.

@luxwing0go

I imagine some people think you're foolish or naive. IMO, you're not naive, but neither are the people who have been complaining un-justified. There is a middle-ground between the two: a world where they are right that we got the short end of the stick, and at the same time you can be cool about it.

@luxwing0go

I imagine some people think you're foolish or naive. IMO, you're not naive, but neither are the people who have been complaining un-justified. There is a middle-ground between the two: a world where they are right that we got the short end of the stick, and at the same time you can be cool about it.

That's a fair way of putting it, and I agree. :3