Exporting clothes from Blender

ShadowDragyn

I'm trying to export a new outfit from Blender, but I can't get it to export properly.

Whenever I try I get this message saying that certain faces are not assigned to a body part and that they've been highlighted. It then selects certain vertices in a localized area of the mesh for me, but they're all properly assigned to bones and weighted.

If I simply delete those vertices it will export, but in the GECK the outfit is all black and in-game it's invisible.

I followed this tutorial all the way: http://wiki.tesnexus...Fallout._Part_1

I'm using all the files listed here: www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30

If anyone would be willing to take a look directly, here's the .blend file and texture: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I347MGR6

Edited by Shadow_Dragyn

It didn't say they were unweighted, it said they weren't assigned to a body part. Look in the vertex group menu, you should see some that start with BP_, like BP_HEAD, BP_TORSO, etc. Choose the appropriate one and click assign. Then try exporting again.

I'm having a problem with that. I imported the full skeleton.nif, but the only BP_ parts available to the area are TORSO and RIGHTLEG, and the messed up area is a satchel on the left thigh. Also, no other area of the outfit except the outer jacket and exposed skin areas have a single one of those. And when I tried selecting New to perhaps add them to the list, Blender crashed.

Edited by Shadow_Dragyn

I re-weighted/boned everything to the base body like you said and that fixed the unassigned body parts issue, but I think I know now what was causing it to not work in-game.

After checking it in Nifskope, all of the pieces of the mesh I joined with Join Objects are not actually one piece; inside Nifskope those pieces have multiple nitrishapes inside each ninode representing the original individual pieces.

Anyone know the proper way to join them?

Edited by Shadow_Dragyn

I followed your instructions, but now the exported outfit is lacking a skeleton and has no NiDesmember nodes. It also had a single NiAlpha and NiMaterial not assigned to any particular part of the mesh.

-Edit- It actually does have a skeleton, but it's inside a second NiNode inside the first along with only the meatcaps.

I tried deleting all the meatcaps, and the skeleton is still embedded inside a second NiNode.

It seemed like I was able to solve the issue by flattening the branch, but the outfit is still invisible in-game. Could be related to the still missing NiDismember nodes, perhaps.

Edited by Shadow_Dragyn

You have more than one armature in the scene when you are exporting, or you are not selecting only the armature when you export.

You can select the second ninode and do crop to branch, and that will sometimes work, but sometimes it will make it really deformed in game. In that case you need to delete all your armatures and reimport skeleton.nif again, parenting to all meshes.

You have more than one armature in the scene when you are exporting, or you are not selecting only the armature when you export.

You can select the second ninode and do crop to branch, and that will sometimes work, but sometimes it will make it really deformed in game. In that case you need to delete all your armatures and reimport skeleton.nif again, parenting to all meshes.

By armature, you mean the skeleton, right? I tried exporting with only the skeleton selected just now, and only the skeleton exported. No outfit included.

Oddly enough, the meatcaps did export with it though. Could the outfit not be properly linked to the skeleton/armature?

Edited by Shadow_Dragyn