Duplicating modded weapons, armor?

blackhand8657

ok, one of my pet peeves for FO4 is when I want to outfit my guard settlers with weapons and armor I like to equip them right; good armor, decent weapons. however, when I want to do alot of the same weapons or armor with the same modifications, it takes a long damn time, and gets real tedious and time consuming. what I'm wondering is, is there a way to take a modded weapon or armor and copy/paste those modifications to another weapon/armor of the same type?

drop the gun on the ground open console click on it > write down the number > fill out the command to give player item and use the previous number as the item number > select amount you want > hit enter

if i wrote that out correctly you should have duplicates of the item exactly like the one you had with the mods.

drop the gun on the ground open console click on it > write down the number > fill out the command to give player item and use the previous number as the item number > select amount you want > hit enter

if i wrote that out correctly you should have duplicates of the item exactly like the one you had with the mods.

ok, i'll give it a shot

The number is the FormID. I haven't tried this duplicating method, but I don't see how it will give you an exact replica as it will only give you the base object via add.item.

The number is the FormID. I haven't tried this duplicating method, but I don't see how it will give you an exact replica as it will only give you the base object via add.item.

yea, i wasnt quite sure how it would work either. and honestly, since i'd be getting the duplicate not costing resources or caps it wouldnt be the same. what would be great is a mod that adds a certain hotkey command to the weapon/armor workbench that allows you pick an object, copy mods to same types and show you a total for how much resources used and then execute. or atleast like a container that duplicates them for a caps fee, or something

yea, i wasnt quite sure how it would work either. and honestly, since i'd be getting the duplicate not costing resources or caps it wouldnt be the same. what would be great is a mod that adds a certain hotkey command to the weapon/armor workbench that allows you pick an object, copy mods to same types and show you a total for how much resources used and then execute. or atleast like a container that duplicates them for a caps fee, or something

I'm thinking that would be possible with a complex script, if you can find someone to write it that is :D

There is a way to type the console command "player.placeatme" so that items already have selected OMOD's installed on them I believe. But I don't know of any way of mass replicating a modded item,

'twould be nice if Bugthesda or the modding community gave us a "template" system for both the crafting benches and the workshop. Like creating a new custom recipe "on the fly" as it were for items. Not sure how you'd go about it for the workshop though, maybe tap into the pre-combined mesh system perhaps?