Exciting news

R3Q

The game has only been out a couple of months. If you ask me, it's actually rather selfish of us to expect a CK so soon.

And it's something totally unheard of for a customer to be selfish. Even more so, since the CK was originally presented as being released together with the game or very close to its release date.

Don't get me wrong; I like modding games as much as anyone. Just seems like regarding this issue there seems to be a sense of entitlement floating around here. I know they said January and there's nothing wrong with wanting them to live up to that, but I'm one of those folks who hasn't bothered to actually finish the game yet so I'm just not ready to start making major changes to it yet. I'm sure I'm a minority.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

Don't get me wrong; I like modding games as much as anyone. Just seems like regarding this issue there seems to be a sense of entitlement floating around here.

And what exactly is wrong with a sense of entitlement?

They have opened that can of wirms, they have pounded the PR drum about releasing it together or very close to the game's initial release.

In other news: I'm still looking to win the lottery this month. Keep an eye on the national news.

The game has only been out a couple of months. If you ask me, it's actually rather selfish of us to expect a CK so soon. After the game has been out a year would be more appropriate, IMHO. (Probably a good thing that they didn't ask for my opinion then, eh?)

Expectation is based on precedence. Precedence for Bethesda releasing SDKs is either at launch or shortly thereafter. So I don't agree that it's selfish to expect that at all.

On the flipside, I have been and continue to wait patiently. However, if it's not released by January 31st, 23:59(11:59pm) Beth Time, then breakout the torches and pitchforks! :tongue:

Expectation is based on precedence. Precedence for Bethesda releasing SDKs is either at launch or shortly thereafter. So I don't agree that it's selfish to expect that at all. A

On the flipside, I have been and continue to wait patiently. However, if it's not released by January 31st, 23:59(11:59pm) Beth Time, then breakout the torches and pitchforks! :tongue: B

A; On an absolute scale, if it releases a century from now it will still be extremely close to the games launch date. In fact, it would be barely a heartbeat after the release of Skyrim...

B; I whole heartedly agree. We've been given a month long window, and while i wait patiently for them to fulfil that pledge, failure to do so may be just what it takes to push me over the polite mans edge.

Edited by Lachdonin

The point is, they don't HAVE to release the CK (development tools). Most game studios don't. When you paid for Skyrim, you paid for the game, not the accessories. I think the whiners need to cut it out now. I noticed all the idiots complaining have registration dates within the past year. You weren't around when Oblivion or Morrowind launched, it was much the same thing. Get over yourselves and try playing through the game at least once before you start picking it apart and changing things.

It's true. Game producers are under no obligation to release any game editing utilities or source codes whatsoever and thus such never happens for most games. This is why I say the OMG! IT'S BEEN A MONTH! complaints are examples of entitlement issues. We should be patient and thankful that Bethesda does indeed release such tools for their games.

The point is, they don't HAVE to release the CK (development tools). Most game studios don't. When you paid for Skyrim, you paid for the game, not the accessories. I think the whiners need to cut it out now. I noticed all the idiots complaining have registration dates within the past year. You weren't around when Oblivion or Morrowind launched, it was much the same thing. Get over yourselves and try playing through the game at least once before you start picking it apart and changing things.

Well then I guess you can quit your own whining about at least some of us, since there are people, such as myself, who are upset over the delay AND have played through the game. I did all the Thieves Guild quests, all the Darkbrotherhood quests, a few other random side quests, and the Main quest.

Maybe you should get over your own self enjoyment of lumping everyone in to one category.

Edited by DeadricDamodred

Hear hear.

And he should also take account of the fact that a lot of the screaming for the CK revolves around us wanting to try and fix bugs, rather than make big show off mods as such. We have been saying Beth should either fix the bugs or should give us the CK and let us have at it ourselves. I am encouraged by the fact that the 1.4 patch is going to fix (so they say)some of the issues that were causing bloat and some of the code/optimisarion issues.