ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Is Anyone Else Disappointed About the Companions Quest?

David Brasher

Don't get me wrong. I like to kill werewolves. I think they are a neat monster to have in games and movies and things. But I think they are nasty abominations and I have never had any desire to be one. (Why would I want to have a disease that turns me into a big stinky dog with a bad disposition? One that kills people and may not have control over his actions while he is running around being a dog.)

I started out playing the Companions quest thinking it would be like the Morrowind and Oblivion Fighters Guilds. I would go around being a hired thug and getting paid for it. But now it seems like they won't give me any more work unless I get infected with their nasty disease. The questline is broken for me unless I play out of character and become a werewolf. (I don't like werewolves.)

And what is with these Silver Hand people? I have encountered them in dungeons before and they always attack me on sight even though I am not a vampire or werewolf or necromancer or deadra-worshipper or anything wicked like that. It seems like werewolf hunters ought to be great people that I could really get along with. But these are nasty people. They are like bandits or vampires or something. In this game, I have never once been attacked by a werewolf unprovoked. But these awful werewolf hunter people are always trying to kill me. (I am not a werewolf!)

Okay. I am done ranting now. (Fie on Skyrim guilds and factions. Lydia and I are just going to go exploring dungeons.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Silver Hand are obviously deluded to the point to where they think everyone outside of their ranks is a werewolf. Simply put, they are insane. They have good intentions, but they've gone rotten. If you're into World of Warcraft, think Scarlet Crusade.

I remember getting attacked from behind by a werewolf in Bloodmoon and practically wet my pants. :teehee: I've never been attacked by a werewolf in Skyrim, though.

I did the Companions quests just a week ago or so, and I was thinking the same thing. Why would I want to kill werewolf hunters? I'd love to have the option to join them. LOL. But yes, the Silver Hand people are a crazy, sadistic lot.

Holy moly you people sure complain about a lot of things. The whole werewolf thing is something that sets this faction apart.

First of all it's not like they're forcing you to go eat and kill people and transform into a werewolf all the time. After you become a werewolf you can just let it be and ignore it for the rest of the game (well aside from some temporary side-effects during another quest) never even having to remember you became one in the first place. Kind of like a passive power that gives you disease resistance.

Or you can do a few more quests in the Companions questline and cure yourself of it.

Besides, why is being a werewolf out of character? Werewolves aren't necessarily evil, it's not like the Companions go around killing innocent people in werewolf form, it's just a power they sometimes use when outnumbered in battle.

Besides, why is being a werewolf out of character? Werewolves aren't necessarily evil, it's not like the Companions go around killing innocent people in werewolf form, it's just a power they sometimes use when outnumbered in battle.

Role-play value, I suppose. His character (and he himself) wouldn't willingly become a werewolf because... well, he doesn't like them. It's like being offered the ability to turn into a papaya... on one hand, it's not like you're forced to turn into a papaya and it'd be handy for... uh... hiding from people? Er, anyway, even though you may not use the ability you're still some weird half-human half-papaya person.

... Is that a bad example? :psyduck:

I dunno, I kinda liked being a werewolf, as it had its uses. I can kill people for the DB without incurring bounties.

powerplay vs. roleplay.

Depends if it does not break your role play. For example, role playing as a forest ranger/hunter type, and Hircine is the Prince of the Hunt, being a Werewolf actually could be part of role play.