Instantaneous Cell Reset Bug

SMB92

I did that and it reset. I checked it twice. Reset twice. Everything reset, actors included. That is a bad bad area.

Tonight I am going to regenerate precalc over that area and see if that has an effect, just for the thrill of it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've tested that area in survival mode. I activated the pump, slept 24 hours in Sanctuary, came back and killed all raiders and mirelurks, looted every single item und dead bodies, slept 24 hours in Sanctuary again, came back and guess what?

No cell reset. :huh: All containers were empty and all killed enemies were still dead.

That test was made with all mods activated. And I've never been in that area on that save before (if that could make a difference).

I'll try it again on a new game with only the DLCs and the plugin with edited encounter zones.

Just a thought. Remember how the old cell reset bug worked? If some data was missed/changed in a cell like PreVis or height, the cell was reset everytime including the enemies. Since Bethesda fixed that type of bug when Far Harbor got released it never happened again in my game. The problems at Thicket Excavations you're describing sounds exactly like that bug though.

The cell reset bug that I've tried to fix with the never reset flag on encounter zones is a different one. From my observations that bug happens only in survival mode and enemies aren't affected. After several tests (including Thicket Excavations) all I can say is the never reset flag on encounter zones fixes it for me.

I think there something bigger going on here. You can still cause the old cell reset bug by enabling the No Previs flag and generating previs again, and you cant sprint either. In Thickets case here you can sprint. Ill test a power armor in there later.

I've come to the conclusion that this situation can't have a solution due to the way Encounter Zones control resets in the cells they own. Reset() wont override them, and the F4SE functions don't get around the same issue that prevents Reset() from working: If the form is set to not reset(would be a best solution to this problem because then you can script a nice reset timer function), and you call Reset(), it wont reset. Basically, the form is preventing any kind of remedy to this issue.

The reset timer for encounter zones are apparently bugged and act independently of the game setting.

Edited by TheDungeonDweller

It's still rather curious as to why a mod like Mojave Imports that simply places a few bottles in some cells causes those cells to be subject to the bug. Not unlike precalc where poking a cell can cause it to go off. Piss poor effort Bethesda

• 2 months later...

There is another place where this happens: Starlight drive in under the train bridge. The spawn there gets pretty often renewed, maybe because of my settlement there.

Maybe because of scrap everything.

Do you also use Scrap Everything? Specially for the Hangman's Valley Area?

Yeah. I've scrapped all the garbage and stuff out of every settlement I have, though, and this is the only one I've noticed constantly respawning.

Amusingly, the mutants' inventories aren't fully resetting. They get all new gear, but their old weapons don't get removed if I don't loot them. There's one with a stack of a dozen laser rifles now.