Highrock mod

SubjectProphet

This was originally posted in Oblivion, but was told I could get better luck here, considering it's next door to Skyrim.

I loved Daggerfall because of the fact you could venture into High Rock, my favorite province. Though now Daggerfall is crap when I play these new games like Skyrim and Fallout. So I'd like to possibly make the first province mod request:

Please make a mod that enables people to venture into High Rock, focussed off of the Daggerfall worldspaced map. I know it's quite early for this, but hey, the earlier it is in people's minds, the better, right?

Though now Daggerfall is crap when I play these new games like Skyrim and Fallout

Far from it. I still enjoy Daggerfall today. The game is tons of fun, albeit very repetetive. The gameplay is a lot of fun!

Graphic isn't everything.

I know it's quite early for this, but hey, the earlier it is in people's minds, the better, right?

THere are currently over 20 people requesting huge mods, and not planning to lift a finger themself.

There are currently 10ish people asking for people to help them make big mods.

Out of there, none got enough experience or know the meaning of "It will take years". None got the dedication. These project never gets any footing.

On the other hand.

There are currently 10ish huge mod projects in pre-production, by experienced modders.

Not to sound like an a**hole, but no idea of your will become reality unless you start out yourself. And by "start off", I mean a month of work alone before you start asking for help. Then you will slowly be able to build a team. Otherwise: An idea is not getting far. I am sorry, but any decent modder got more projects on hold than you can imagin. I know I got about 50ish porjects I want to do, each one would take me a few months to a few years. I also have 3-4 I am working on, which can take months to years. Adding another idea wouldn't help anybody.

However, showing dedication and starting to do something -- that will help.

Or you could get lucky, and somebody else actually started and you can cheer on them/join up.

Trust me when I say this: Making province takes more time than the average Joe got. Bethesda spent 4-5 years for their last games. They are hundred of experienced artist whom are structured and get paid to work a full work day + overtime. There is no way you can get 10 "new" ( meaning less than 5 years of experience) modders to make a province/country in any decent time, and hold good quality. For a modding team to make a lore-friendly High Rock, they would need just about 40 years. Modders mod as a hobby. A hobby is the time you got left when you are out of things to do. That leaves 2-6 houres per day for the average person.

That said, I wouldn't mind seing High Rock in a "hand-made" game. Since Daggerfall was auto generated, there weren't a lot of things to see.

What I would do for a "remake" of Daggerfall. Same story, same kind of class system, different game.

Though now Daggerfall is crap when I play these new games like Skyrim and Fallout

Far from it. I still enjoy Daggerfall today. The game is tons of fun, albeit very repetetive. The gameplay is a lot of fun!

Graphic isn't everything.

I know it's quite early for this, but hey, the earlier it is in people's minds, the better, right?

THere are currently over 20 people requesting huge mods, and not planning to lift a finger themself.

There are currently 10ish people asking for people to help them make big mods.

Out of there, none got enough experience or know the meaning of "It will take years". None got the dedication. These project never gets any footing.

On the other hand.

There are currently 10ish huge mod projects in pre-production, by experienced modders.

Not to sound like an a**hole, but no idea of your will become reality unless you start out yourself. And by "start off", I mean a month of work alone before you start asking for help. Then you will slowly be able to build a team. Otherwise: An idea is not getting far. I am sorry, but any decent modder got more projects on hold than you can imagin. I know I got about 50ish porjects I want to do, each one would take me a few months to a few years. I also have 3-4 I am working on, which can take months to years. Adding another idea wouldn't help anybody.

However, showing dedication and starting to do something -- that will help.

Or you could get lucky, and somebody else actually started and you can cheer on them/join up.

Trust me when I say this: Making province takes more time than the average Joe got. Bethesda spent 4-5 years for their last games. They are hundred of experienced artist whom are structured and get paid to work a full work day + overtime. There is no way you can get 10 "new" ( meaning less than 5 years of experience) modders to make a province/country in any decent time, and hold good quality. For a modding team to make a lore-friendly High Rock, they would need just about 40 years. Modders mod as a hobby. A hobby is the time you got left when you are out of things to do. That leaves 2-6 houres per day for the average person.

That said, I wouldn't mind seing High Rock in a "hand-made" game. Since Daggerfall was auto generated, there weren't a lot of things to see.

What I would do for a "remake" of Daggerfall. Same story, same kind of class system, different game.

I don't mod because I don't use programing. This is a request to get it in people's heads, not a request for help in making it.

I'm busy with school, I live in a dorm so I have to assist in cleaning the halls, classrooms, etc, and do my work, get to class on time, and goto sleep when they tell me to sleep. I get around 3 hours at average to play Skyrim a day, usually even less.

I don't mod because I don't use programing. This is a request to get it in people's heads, not a request for help in making it.

I'm busy with school, I live in a dorm so I have to assist in cleaning the halls, classrooms, etc, and do my work, get to class on time, and goto sleep when they tell me to sleep. I get around 3 hours at average to play Skyrim a day, usually even less.

I am not judging you. Modding does take time. I am merely explaining that this will most likely not take footing unless you, or somebody else, starts it.

My point was simply to explain the time it takes to do such a thing, and how the majority of the "I WILL MAKE *insert super big mod*! I NEED A TEAM" usually got no modding experience, and woudn't know what is required to work on a project actively for years.

True - which is why I hope for DLC venturing into High Rock. But true people do get excited and just don't realize the magnitude of what is being asked. But, Matth85 they probably created the Dream Crusher perk because of peeps like you. Blunt and to the point, I like it! But can't encourage it... (or did I?..)