Can you run Skyrim??

Thor.

Well lately after Skyboost i have been getting some amazing fps lately. No laggg wooot.. Well this is a first in my opinion when it comes to a elderscolls game, Oblivion was terrible for lag. But Skyrim is different, it was input lag not the fps kind. I was getting a constant 60fps but stutter lag. Ever sense skyboost its completly gone.

Anyways how about you people, i know there has been a lot of complaints do to fps lag. I was wonder how many of you can run it without a hitch maxed out. or even just glitch free.

It feels almost to perfect if you ask me, its like somethings missing lol.

Edited by Thor.

To run the game well just listen to what the program says you should run it on then go into advanced and set everything up as high as you can then just keep testing until to get it right. For me all the graphic settings looked exactly the same the only difference was the FPS and the fade distance...

The game suggested "High" setting when it first ran and I've only ever noticed any lag in Markarth. FRAPS shows it at 25ish fps there and between 40 & 80 pretty much everywhere else. I set it to "Ultra" for a few hours but it definitely bogged down a bit more than I would like, so I changed back to "High."

I haven't tried Skyboost or whatever it's called, since it requires the script extender. That thing caused too many crashes for me when I used it in Fallout 3 and NV. Oops, no it doesn't.

Athlon II X4 640 3Ghz

Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3

GeForce GTX 465

4gb RAM

Edited by Rooker75

I haven't tried Skyboost or whatever it's called, since it requires the script extender. That thing caused too many crashes for me when I used it in Fallout 3 and NV.

Only it doesn't. TESVal requires SKSE, Skyboost doesn't. No reason not to install it. Watch out when the Skyrim update comes though, you may have to remove it. It's only 2 files though, so not really a problem.

Anyway, apart from the usual fps drops (mid 30's) in towns (Whiterun) Skyrim's running good (mostly 60fps) with 3Gz Core2Duo + GTX 460 on High + Skyboost. :)

My Skyrim runs perfectly stable since i found out that this game is very RAM-size-sensitive (skyrim- and skyrimprefs-inifile tweaked to enthusiast quality, ugrid=9, ugrid>=11 always causes gamecrash for me. i could spend some more time here, but i don't think it's necessary because the distance-objects-popup isn't visible for me.)

I increased stability by modifiing skyrim.ini (maxallocatedbytes(?)). Increase this value if you get a BSOD. Don't raise it above 10GB, this caused savefile-problems for me (load forever) !!! And keep enough space for OS :thumbsup:

Be sure your swapfile is big enough to handle massive RAM-movement if your RAM isn't big enough. Be aware of slowdowns when RAM swaps to disc. Too small swapfile could cause BSOD.

Performance is great...the only slowdowns I have, occure in big cities. This is because of a lot of HD-Texturemods :biggrin: My two GTX 570 don't have enough VRAM for some modifications :sad: Perhaps future driverupdates or gamepatches will solve this! The framedrops are really short and don't destroy gamefeeling or immersion...

If I remove the HD-Citymods, everything runs smooth as silk and 99,9% stable! 0,1% left for future gamecrashes :wink:

btw. sorry for my bad english! Peace!

Edited by rastamanfromjamaica

MRRR you people and your GTXes and your Core i5/7 :( Try making Skyrim run @ 20 fps+ on an Nvidia 9700M @512MB and a Core2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz.

I had to basically remove shadows as much as possible, use Skyboost and use another mod that replaces most fog/air particle meshes with empty meshes (whoever thought this up, btw, is a freaking genius and I love you, made my Skyrim experience SOOO much better). Oh wait, that's not all, with my old graphics drivers the colors looked washed out and ugly, so I went full throttle to 290.53 only to find out that they basically killed my fps. Luckily someone with a similar driver experience suggested on a thread that I should use 285.79 instead, which have helped a lot so far.

And STILL I never get in the high 20s in terms of fps, but at least the fps count is stable both inside and outside.

Unfortunately, when I try to run Skyrim windowed and a movie at the same time, things don't go so well anymore, as my videocard overheats from time to time leading to stuttering in the game:(. Funnily enough, despite the stuttering and video card overheating the game doesn't crash or anything and except for 30 secs every 10 mins it runs smoothly, but well, what can you do. Video cards in laptops have physical limitations atm:(. Especially OLD video cards.

The game runs steady on my comp wich isn't the greatest.

I haven't experienced any lag and had only one CTD wich might have been caused by midas magic, but disabling autosave on travel fixed that.

I selected high and then maxed out all the settings in advanced (except Distant Object detail and Shadow Detail wich are on high aswell).

Running the game on a

AMD Athlon II X2 260 Processor ~3.6GHz

4096MB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series 512mb

Edited by dandiersphinx

I can run it perfectly at 60fps outdoors, indoors, and in cities. The ONLY time I get graphics lag is when I happen to piss off a few mages and everybody starts throwing sharp/fiery objects at the same time. One or two mages I'm fine. Three or four only screws me up if I'm casting at the same time and staring right at them.

Core 2 Quad 3Ghz

8GB DDR3

2x nVidia 260GTX in SLI