Fallout 4?

markoBG

Considering within 5 years they wouldn't release a FO4 anyway......

But seriously, everyone is getting they're hopes up over something that won't happen for around 9 years. This year, they are focussing on Skyrim and it's DLC traits, along with the release of Prey 2 and Dishonored, and that'll go into 2013. With planned games already BEYOND that point in 2013, it'll stretch into 2018 before they have free time. Assuming another company doesn't want them.

those games are not made by Bethesda studios. watch within the next 3 years FO4 will be announced. bethesda didnt fight for the rights to fallout to not make fallout games.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the next Bethesda studios fallout game within the next 5 years will not be an mmo because its not possible. if somehow BS wanted an to make a FO game in mmo within the next five years they would need 100 million to start and start hiring like crazy. simply note that mmo's are not made in secret they're too big to hide. nobody will ever reveal an MMO in compete secret for the foreseeable future.

however i think fallout 4 will have some kind of co-op

Blizzard's Titan project could be an MMO (not sure if theyve said otherwise, last i know, it was completely unknown what it was)

and yea, FO4 will not be an MMO. it will be just like FO3 (just hopefully with the Creation Engine)

Bethesda just just won the rights back to the FO MMO, there is no way they could start that MMO now and have it out any time soon. i dont even think its a project they are putting much thought into atm. i think they just wanted the rights more just so nobody else made money on the FallOut title over the fact that they wanted to make an MMO.

Well Skyrim was rather successful, and they did get rights for it. And like I said, just my prediction. They might follow the same formula again to get money, or they might not. No one really knows. Oh and not in a long time it won't be even announced. There are still quite a lot of Skyrim DLC's and expansion packs to go. Who knows who knows. Just my wild guess. :rolleyes:

the next Bethesda studios fallout game within the next 5 years will not be an mmo because its not possible. if somehow BS wanted an to make a FO game in mmo within the next five years they would need 100 million to start and start hiring like crazy. simply note that mmo's are not made in secret they're too big to hide. nobody will ever reveal an MMO in compete secret for the foreseeable future.

Blizzard's Titan project could be an MMO (not sure if theyve said otherwise, last i know, it was completely unknown what it was)

and yea, FO4 will not be an MMO. it will be just like FO3 (just hopefully with the Creation Engine)

Bethesda just just won the rights back to the FO MMO, there is no way they could start that MMO now and have it out any time soon. i dont even think its a project they are putting much thought into atm. i think they just wanted the rights more just so nobody else made money on the FallOut title over the fact that they wanted to make an MMO.

Well Skyrim was rather successful, and they did get rights for it. And like I said, just my prediction. They might follow the same formula again to get money, or they might not. No one really knows. Oh and not in a long time it won't be even announced. There are still quite a lot of Skyrim DLC's and expansion packs to go. Who knows who knows. Just my wild guess. :rolleyes:

wait. why are we bringing up Skyrim? :P

wait. why are we bringing up Skyrim? :P

Because it was made by Bethesda and it has everything to do with Fallout games? Look at the bloody lockpicks!

Skyrim would make sense if BGS would make the game. As the DLC would delay whenever they would start creating or announce the MMO. In the past half of the team would split up and work at a new game and the other half at DLC/Patches.

It's more plausible zenimax online studios will do it though, proof of that is that they are still hiring specially for that studio. BGS will probably work on fallout 4 while ZOS (lol weird abbreviation) would work on the MMO simultaneously. Unless they already started it's unlikely they will release at the same time and the MMO would probably release later on. I doubt BSG would ever make an MMO, maybe just a few people will help from the studio but not everyone. It's not in their skills.

Edited by Pronam

The thread title can be misleading. You know how people are, and they'll just read what they want, not what's written. Perhaps a discussion thread would be best? Not something that screams HOAX.

Bethesda does in fact fully own the rights to Fallout now, and they did mention they acquired the license for a reason, and it wouldn't be put to waste. Now we just have to wait for official announcements. :tongue:

Edited by Yoshh

[/b]Bethesda does in fact fully own the rights to Fallout now, and they did mention they acquired the license for a reason, and it wouldn't be put to waste. Now we just have to wait for official announcements. :tongue:

oh im sure eventually they will make one. i dont think it will be any good tbh. they will have spent all that time and money on the lawsuit, and they probably wont make it back (on top of the game production costs)

but i think either two things will happen. either they will wait a little while before they start into it (the only chance it has to actually be good). or now that they got it, they will rush it out and its gunna suck.

Lets see, games developed by the same team:

- Morrowind 2002

(in between, Tribunal, Bloodmoon)

- Oblivion 2006

(in between, like 8 small DLCs, KotN, and Shivering Isles)

- Fallout 3 2008

(in between, 5 DLCs of considerable size)

- Skyrim 2011

Now, take in account. MW was launched on July, Oblivion on April, Fallout 3 on October and Skyrim on November. So its kinda almost counts like 2009 and 2012 for FO3 and Skyrim launch date, respectively.

So, you got 3 and a half years between Morrowind and Oblivion, almost 3 years between Oblivion and Fallout 3 (they ramped up the numbers in their team according to those pre releases) and another 3 years between Fallout 3 and Skyrim (they hired more ppl again).

Unless they change their development procedures for some reason, or the videogame market changes drastically in the next 3 to 6 years, me says:

- Fallout 4 for end of 2014 or beginning of 2015.

- TES VI for 2018.

I do hope that they hire other ppl in between to make a spin off based on TES or FO universe like they did for New Vegas. I dont care if TES its "Bethesda's thing", it wont affect in any bad way their next TES release and i'll have more stuff to play in between.

oh im sure eventually they will make one. i dont think it will be any good tbh. they will have spent all that time and money on the lawsuit, and they probably wont make it back (on top of the game production costs)
Do you think that FO3 money went directly to that lawsuit? Unless their lawyers cost 10 million a month, i dun see it. They earned up to half billion dollars on each big game release. Who knows how much money they made out of DLCs.

Besides, Bethesda Softworks was behind the lawsuit, the only thing that matters for Beth's Game Studios is that investiment gets to them, not investing in them after Skyrim's success would be borderline bat sht crazy.

Edited by eltucu