Skyrim WTF Moments

SlimShadyIzMe

My WTF moment was when my character crawled up onto the head of a dragon (draconus nobilius, no less) and smash its head in with a war hammer. Seeing her lying on top of the head of the dragon and holding onto the dragons lip to steady herself had me astounded. Wish I had the presence of mind to do a screen save.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a fan of moments like

http://static.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/4745-1-1325052262.jpg

or

http://static.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/4745-2-1325052265.jpg

Edited by headbomb

heres one for ya my bud freddie the elf an i are trucking along in the reach area looking for a place called karthwaden or some such. Just strolling along following road signs I see in the HUD a teepee looking thing so we go investigate "Snake Hole" redoubt or something like that anyway all I see is one piller of a ruin next thing I know I have a whole forsworn village popping up around me out of nowhere.... It just magicaly apeared...... now being level 1 I figure I can do this.....WRONG!!!!!!! my steel sword damage 9 is no match for their swords at damage 13 or my bow at 9 against theirs at 15....... can you say WTF?!?!?!?! they come out dressed in rags with killer gear..... But I digress my my WTF moment is the sceanery that I can outrun it seems... bugs bugs bugs someone call the exterminator

• 2 weeks later...

Doing the Mage Guild quests and have just fended off the attack on Winterhold. I'm still a bit low level, so it was a knock-down-drag-out fight. In the middle of it, a frost dragon decides to attack, so now it's anomalies and a dragon to fight. At some point in the chaos, Arniel Gane zombified a chicken.

http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/29fd2dd5b69dcc738ed530d7c85f0a77_view.jpg

I'm laughing so hard I can barely breathe.

Lydia and I got bum-rushed by some bandits, we killed 3 of them, a fourth steps in behind us with his bow drawn and immediately gets plowed over by a swinging log booby-trap (somehow Lydia and the other 3 bandits managed to not set it off when they entered the room). I don't think it was a scripted event, but it couldn't have been timed any more perfectly timed if it was scripted. Edited by Guest

The only WTF moment I can think of is when I tried to shoot myself with my bow by firing straight up in the air. The arrows are scripted to fall downwards point-first, which can cause a really weird bouncing effect if you don't give them much power.

Oh, and it doesn't work, by the way. You can't shoot yourself. :mad:

Isn't that the first dragon u see ? that's scripted, the rest don't do that.

Nope they do it all the time....all dragons crash land when their HP hits a certain level while in flight....but they come down pretty steamed.... :whistling:

Sometimes, if you do it while they're...er...hovering in place, they'll simply lose flight and cannonball into the turf. Its hilarious.

I was in Dawnstar when a dragon attacked. The town reacted in their usual, weird AI way - some ran around randomly and tried to attack, most ignored the fact a dragon was attacking the town. Myself and a guard killed the dragon when it landed up the slope behind the houses.

The guard died in the battle. The townsfolk showed up, examined the guards body and started blaming ME for killing him! Never mind the fact that a dragon was just attacking the town. Never mind the fact that his body was torn to bloody shreds by said dragon's teeth. And never mind the fact that the guard was lying beneath the head of a dragon skeleton that wasn't there five minutes ago! I seriously considered going postal and wiping the population of that backwards hamlet from existence.