Problem with Tattoo Armor

saiikyo

Hi!

I have a big problem with this mod: "Link"

I installed it without problem and correctly, I checked the .esp, I managed to find the chests.

But, when I put one of these outfits, that's what happens: http://i42.tinypic.com/igz0av.jpg

I use a HGEC Body and i really don't know why this mod wouldn't work.

Someone can help me please.

Edited by saiikyo

Huh...now thats something else.

I have these lying around somewhere but never installed them, and I can't really check right now anyway, but it looks like...it looks similar to what I've seen happen when two meshes are basically "fighting" for dominance. Texturing gets all messed up in that situation.

I don't know what would have caused this for you though.

That means that the problem comes from the mod?

I have no idea.

Something is wrong, the Tattoo armor isn't playing nice with something else. I haven't ever personally used it (though I think I have it lying around in my downloads somewhere), so I can't really say more than that.

That means that the problem comes from the mod?

Yes. But because, I believe, you are "double-dressing".

You get this texture effect when you dress a character with 2 outfits which both have transparency covering the same body places. Looking into the mod's .esp you can see that all tatoo's are defined in 2 ways: one using the regular armor slots (upperbody, lowerbody, hand, foot) , the other using the amulet slot (from the "jewelery" folder).

So you most likely have dressed one of each type tatooes. One with a name starting with "[H]" or "[L]" for armor, and one starting with "[A]" for Amulet. Can't get enough, eh? ;)

Yes. But because, I believe, you are "double-dressing".

You get this texture effect when you dress a character with 2 outfits which both have transparency covering the same body places. Looking into the mod's .esp you can see that all tatoo's are defined in 2 ways: one using the regular armor slots (upperbody, lowerbody, hand, foot) , the other using the amulet slot (from the "jewelery" folder).

So you most likely have dressed one of each type tatooes. One with a name starting with "[H]" or "[L]" for armor, and one starting with "[A]" for Amulet. Can't get enough, eh? ;)

Sorry to contradict you but, on the picture, I wear only one outfit.

And even, I tried every outfit, one by one, it's like this every time. (for gloves, foot, top, bottom...)

On the picture, it's a clothes who recovers all the body.

Apparently, you are not the only one with this problem. It has been mentioned a number of times in the mod's thread though it hasn't really been addressed by the mod's author since he's not active anymore.

I suggest you go read through the mod's comment thread if you want to learn more about it.

Ok, finally had a chance to look into this.

Are you using the BBB version? Because the original version worked fine, but when I installed the BBB version, the normal equipment versions worked fine, but I was getting flickring on the Amulet and Tail versions, though not as bad as what the OP is experiencing.

I'm not sure why its happening, very odd.

Ok, finally had a chance to look into this.

Are you using the BBB version? Because the original version worked fine, but when I installed the BBB version, the normal equipment versions worked fine, but I was getting flickring on the Amulet and Tail versions, though not as bad as what the OP is experiencing.

I'm not sure why its happening, very odd.

Nephenee, this is not odd, it's as expected. You probably know that there is only one difference between body outfits and amulet outfits: amulet outfits don't have their own body mesh (skin) included. So an amulet outfit ONLY works with the EXACT body mesh it was designed for AND if it was rigged EXACTLY (bone weight copy) like the used body mesh. Including the BBB rigging, which is very unlikey, since outfit and body mesh were rigged by different authors. So very likely amulet outfit and the body mesh you use will not fit.

But when those meshes don't fit, you will get clipping to some extent, and clipping with transparent textures (alpha channels) will cause flickering.

With today's great diversity in body meshes, full body amulet outfits showing skin don't make any sense (unless you want to support a special body mesh). Because what is the advantage to use an amulet tattoo, instead of a body tattoo? Put it under some other outfits? You will get the same kind of clipping described above.

The op's problem is something different. Although he disagrees :) I still believe that's something as you said before: "2 textures (or meshes) are fighting for dominance". The only other scenarios I can think of is a problem with his graphic card, refusing to support that kind of texture (especially alpha), but then then he should have problems with other outfits as well.