⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

nexus hate?

gloomygrim

I think piracy is wrong, but taking steps to prevent piracy only increases the pirates ingenuity. Just like prohibition. Prohibition caused more crime than it intended to prevent. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, good intentions and granitic magma...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. I didn't realize you were against libraries.

I guess you drew your conclusion from this line?

(Note: Sharing is only caring when you are allowed to share it and you yourself got what you share in a legal manner. If your sharing causes others to suffer from it, it is no longer caring.)

- Libraries are allowed to share, they buy what they share through legal manner, and that they share causes no one to suffer, but causes joy for a lot of people.

And yet again you replied to one small part of my post... *sigh*

You also have a habit to twist posts to your liking, and for every post you make, you seem more and more like a pirate in my eyes.

Edited by Zaldiir

(Edit: Ninja'd by Zaldiir...)

@Quetzlsacatanango; Libraries acquire and lend the materials in their collections with the permission of the copyright holders. Again, your argument only shows how little you understand the issues or their application in the real world.

(Note: Sharing is only caring when you are allowed to share it and you yourself got what you share in a legal manner. If your sharing causes others to suffer from it, it is no longer caring.)

- Libraries are allowed to share, they buy what they share through legal manner, and that they share causes no one to suffer, but causes joy for a lot of people.

You also have a habit to twist posts to your liking, and for every post you make, you seem more and more like a pirate in my eyes.

Watch it with the accusations, that is serious around here. I don't pirate nor do I advocate piracy. I'm just saying it's not theft.

Libraries are only legal because they were already around and were more or less grandfathered in. Imagine if someone tried to invent the concept of a library today, they would be sued into oblivion.

Look, it is clear I am not in the majority on this, that's fine, it doesn't bother me. As Mark Twain said, "When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform." I am not expecting to persuade anyone. I daresay most people are not capable of changing their position on anything.

I just thought I would toss out an opposing point of view on the subject. I was not expecting attacks upon my integrity and my character, I am not interested in that.

Good day :psyduck: :psyduck:

Watch it with the accusations, that is serious around here. I don't pirate nor do I advocate piracy. I'm just saying it's not theft.

Libraries are only legal because they were already around and were more or less grandfathered in. Imagine if someone tried to invent the concept of a library today, they would be sued into oblivion.

Look, it is clear I am not in the majority on this, that's fine, it doesn't bother me. As Mark Twain said, "When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform." I am not expecting to persuade anyone. I daresay most people are not capable of changing their position on anything.

I just thought I would toss out an opposing point of view on the subject. I was not expecting attacks upon my integrity and my character, I am not interested in that.

Good day :psyduck: :psyduck:

I did not accuse you of piracy, and if that is how my comment was understood, I am sorry. What I meant is that you seem to feel so strongly about piracy not being thievery that it seems like it is a way of justifying piracy. If it is not, we'll leave it at that. And you are somewhat correct that most people are not capable of changing their position on some things - but that goes both ways.

Edited by Zaldiir

Q:

I am one who is quite capable of changing my opinion. I have no problem with that, it's my prerogative to change my mind when presented with new information.

However, in this case the opinion you have changed is mine of you.