NMM2 - Update and recruitment

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #47380435. #47380720, #47383350, #47383740 are all replies on the same post.

indycurt wrote: I'm sorry, but I'm one of "those people" that like NMM the way it is. It works perfectly and always has for me. It's easy, comfortable, uncomplicated and snug like a favorite blanket. Why you have to go and screw with it is beyond me. New is not always better.
lued123 wrote: If you like NMM the way it is, then... stick with it maybe? It's in a finalized state, so you can safely turn off automatic updates and never use this.
matortheeternal wrote: The application they're making is totally separate. You can keep using old NMM, though you aren't going to get any new functionality that way.
cracktfly wrote: I used MO briefly to play with an Oldrim install and found it to be pretty slick though it wasn't the most intuitive. Definitely a learning curve but that's not a bad thing. I gave it up in place of going with a new SE install and NMM. When I heard they were working together on a new MM I got really excited. I imagine that the new app will give you all the same easy-to-use experience of NMM with a lot of really deep and handy features that are there if you want them. New isn't always better but I have a sneaking feeling this will be.

Those averse to change are doomed to be left behind.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #47378620. #47381125, #47382375, #47382860, #47383605, #47383890, #47384455 are all replies on the same post.

lued123 wrote: It's great to hear that things are coming along.
Edit: And might I suggest you call it NEMO? NExus Mod Organizer? It's an appropriate name for a merger of Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer, it sounds adorable, and it invokes the same "I'll use two letters if I want to," attitude that USLEEP had before it got ported to the Special Edition.
Edit: Nexus Mod Organizer was vetoed by Dark0ne, so it's probably not happening. Also, please don't reply if all you have to say is "+1". I'd like if this thread was a *bit* less repetitive than that, and I think other users would appreciate it too. Add some commentary in there or something.
mattjus wrote: +1 for NEMO!
Merkcy wrote: I dig NEMO +1
matortheeternal wrote: I really dig NEMO too, the logo could be a clown fish or a submarine, the default color scheme could be blue/orange. The name is also logical and seems to have caught on with the community a lot.

That said, Dark0ne vetoed it in the other comment thread on this article, so I don't think it's going to happen. Though I'm really curious what other name he has in mind. Dark, I think you're going to have to come up with something good quick before the community gets dead-set on NEMO. :)
d0mini wrote: That sounds awesome, very much behind that name.
TinyManticore wrote: +1, NEMO is great and is easy to remember.

If Dark0ne doesn't like it, who cares. Unless he has decades of experience as a brand consultant, you should be asking the community (or a brand consultant).
Megasuxx0r wrote: I just wanted to add that I like that name, too!

Aww...so NEMO is out. Well...back to the drawing board.... Edited by Daelda1

In response to post #47378620. #47381125, #47382375, #47382860, #47383605, #47383890, #47384455, #47385670 are all replies on the same post.

Edit: And might I suggest you call it NEMO? NExus Mod Organizer? It's an appropriate name for a merger of Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer, it sounds adorable, and it invokes the same "I'll use two letters if I want to," attitude that USLEEP had before it got ported to the Special Edition.
Edit: Nexus Mod Organizer was vetoed by Dark0ne, so it's probably not happening. Also, please don't reply if all you have to say is "+1". I'd like if this thread was a *bit* less repetitive than that, and I think other users would appreciate it too. Add some commentary in there or something.
matortheeternal wrote: I really dig NEMO too, the logo could be a clown fish or a submarine, the default color scheme could be blue/orange. The name is also logical and seems to have caught on with the community a lot.

That said, Dark0ne vetoed it in the other comment thread on this article, so I don't think it's going to happen. Though I'm really curious what other name he has in mind. Dark, I think you're going to have to come up with something good quick before the community gets dead-set on NEMO. :)

If Dark0ne doesn't like it, who cares. Unless he has decades of experience as a brand consultant, you should be asking the community (or a brand consultant).
Daelda1 wrote: Aww...so NEMO is out. Well...back to the drawing board....

I dig this!

In response to post #47385220. #47385640, #47386585 are all replies on the same post.

Vagent wrote: Java.

We have lost MO to a Java app.

Words fail me.
matortheeternal wrote: ... it's not Java.

Javascript != Java.

Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg
Meldric wrote: As a coder...I cyr evrytiem.

*Well im no expert but it does say Javascript but im guessing these are plugins ??.

In response to post #47378620. #47381125, #47382375, #47382860, #47383605, #47383890, #47384455, #47385670, #47386165 are all replies on the same post.

Daelda1 wrote: Aww...so NEMO is out. Well...back to the drawing board....
DofD wrote: I dig this!

N.E.M.O is catchy, but if that's already been ruled out...how about " Nexus Mod Activator (NEMA), or just (NMA). Edited by phellen