Missing heads

bori85

When I start a new game, all the character creation option's heads are missing. They have eyes and a mouth but transparent cloud-like flesh. For starters, here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm=1
Better Cities Resources.esm=1
Knights - Revelation.esm=1
DLCShiveringIsles.esp=1
Knights.esp=1
Kyoma's Journal Mod.esp=1
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp=1
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp=1
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp=1
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp=1
Basic Primary Needs.esp=1
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp=1
OblivionReloaded.esp=1
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp=1
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp=1
Ramy Enfant.esp=1
No psychic guards harder v1.2.esp=1
No psychic guards v1.2.esp=1
Better Cities .esp=1
Better Cities Full.esp=1
Better Imperial City.esp=1
Better Cities - Leyawiin Flooded.esp=1
Better Cities - IC Imperial Isle.esp=1
Better Cities - Alternative Start Arrive by Ship.esp=1
Better Cities Chorrol - Knights of the Nine.esp=1
Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp=1
Knights - Revelation.esp=1
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp=1

I thought it was OCO but I disabled it, downloaded it both manually and with NMM, and the problem persists. I don't know what other mod could be doing something like this. I have Blockhead working as it generates an .ini. As far as I can tell, as I haven't really gotten past character creation to make a save, OBSE is working as well. I can't use BOSS to sort my load order as it just crashes after it finishes with the masterlist. I have all the OBSE plugins for the above mods as far as I know. Oh yeah, tried running as admin. And I have the steam version and the overlay disabled and all that. That's really all the info I can think of. Last idea is to reinstall, but I have a feeling that won't do much.

Try turning off Oblivion reloaded's skin shaders ... I seem to recall that was the fix for a similar issue recently (probably back a month or so ago in the OCO v2 mod comments, though it may have been a forum post here too, can't remember).

Try turning off Oblivion reloaded's skin shaders ... I seem to recall that was the fix for a similar issue recently (probably back a month or so ago in the OCO v2 mod comments, though it may have been a forum post here too, can't remember).

Do you mind letting me know how to do that? I haven't played modded oblivion in awhile and the more delicate and complex nature of getting things to work without modern conveniences is kind of beyond me.

I just disabled everything after reinstalling though and it's still happening. So I'm a bit lost.

I don't use Oblivion Reloaded myself, so I can't say how to disable the skin shaders except that the info will be found in the Oblivion Reloaded manual. You could also look through the OR mod comments ... I'm sure it will be mentioned in there somewhere.

- Edit - Thanks for the backup Contra ... big wave from across the pond.

Edited by Striker879

I think Striker is right. There should be the option somewhere in the ini files. Maybe in ...\Data\OBSE\Plugins\OblivionReloaded.ini or such, I am starting to forget it myself as well. There should be a shaders section or somesuch in there, with something like "skin=1" that you would need to set to 0 to disable the shader. It should not be too difficult to find.

From what I have been reading, it will be fixed at some point, and has something to do with certain shader-related files not being included in the current 6.0.0 version yet still being required by something. One workaround has been to copy the missing files from an older version or something, but you should indeed check the Oblivion Reloaded comments section for the workaround.