Summer Clothes in Skyrim

capperz412

I honestly don't understand why so many of the armour sets/clothes are so revealing. It's freezing in Skyrim, yet people wear sleevless tunics and shorts/skirts. Look at Hide armour as well, it's the kind of thing you'd find Brazilian gimps wearing in Rio de Janiero. Plus there are so many bandits, including Argonians which are cold-blooded (I repeat, COLD-BLOODED) running around the tundra topless. I mean, what the f*** were Bethesda thinking?

Instead of Skyrim's apparel looking like a bunch of Vikings missed their flight to Barbados, I was expecting thick fur coats made from wolf and bear belts, with capes and cloaks, and no skin showing, like the true apparel that would be worn in freezing conditions.

Not sure about clothing back then but armor was leather and/or fur covered in chainmail, or steel plating which was extremely heavy armor and limited on what you could do. Also they didn't have the knowledge and tech. like we do now with winter gear and clothing.

idk but where i live temp is around 10-35*C in the winter and i see men and women in shorts and everything out side. but nothing too showing. :turned:

some of the time i can walk out in a rain storm thats kinda medium with just a shirt and regular pants and stay out there for a good 30minutes or so before i start to get cold, and think about getting something warm to wear. depends on the person where you live, how long and etc. and women can stay warmer than men can, because how they are.

Okay, here's the deal with the skimpy clothes. I figure you know this already and are just being facetious but I'll comment anyway. This is a fantasy game. People want their fantasies to be bigger than life. Beautiful women with heaving bosoms, slender waists, firm hips. Handsome men with smoldering eyes and muscular physiques. And they want these gorgeous anatomies in scant clothing to better show off those stunning assets. Is this realistic? Heck no! Do people eat it up? Look at the download stats. Personally I prefer a slightly more realistic approach and I don't use the skimpy clothes and armor, I don't even like the stylized armor with all the horns and spikes and nonsense but I understand the draw...

But seriously, have you seen all the people running around with sleevless tunics and/or topless? It's insane.

I guess. Most non-mountainous areas in the southern half of the map are not really arctic, and Falkreath looks like the Northeast U.S. in early Fall. Medieval cloth isn't especially lightweight, to say nothing of fur, hide, and leather, so I don't really have a problem believing those skimpier outfits in that climate.

I agree though that the bikini style fur armor up in the snowy mountains is kind of a stretch.

Okay, here's the deal with the skimpy clothes. I figure you know this already and are just being facetious but I'll comment anyway. This is a fantasy game. People want their fantasies to be bigger than life. Beautiful women with heaving bosoms, slender waists, firm hips. Handsome men with smoldering eyes and muscular physiques. And they want these gorgeous anatomies in scant clothing to better show off those stunning assets. Is this realistic? Heck no! Do people eat it up? Look at the download stats. Personally I prefer a slightly more realistic approach and I don't use the skimpy clothes and armor, I don't even like the stylized armor with all the horns and spikes and nonsense but I understand the draw...

THAT is why I make MY OWN body mods.

If you want realism then there is also the point the the human body shape has has changed rather a lot in the last 50 years, let alone the last 1500, and I'm not talking about the modern propensity for obesity due to Big Mac's etc.

An average female today has a very different body shape compared to 50-60 years ago (even without augmentation :) ), just look at an old B/W movie from the 40's/50's. This is largely down to improved diet (cholesterol excluded).

As a better example ( and a trivia question) Napoleon Bonaparte was about 5' 4" tall which was the European average 200 years ago, The term "Napoleon Complex" is derived from the portrayal of Napoleon as a shortarse standing next to Wellington in the British press.