Creation kit almost there

BannerFigurezZz

Starting a mod?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. So with the creation kit's release nearing I am wondering are you gonna make some mods or solve the things that always annoyed you? or leave it to just the pro's?

• Yes, I will definitely start modding big times
    • Yes, I will be making some small adjustments
    • Yes, I will fix stuff that annoys me
    • Yes, but just for myself
    • No, i'll leave it to the pros
    • What's a mod?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have a play around with the kit, definitely! I think Skyrim is short of an arena or two and I think I'll play around with castle sieges attacking/defending, coordinated battles, new weapons and armour maybe, that sort of thing. Can't wait.

I just hope people understand the CK is wonderful but it's not almight :)

Those who already dealt with it's former versions are aware of it, I believe.

Let me put it this way.

In Morrowind (Bloodmoon actually) there was a quest that allowed you to build a town in about 9 stages. You made 2 or 3 decisions about what stores were built and where your house was built etc.

I created a mod based on that idea that constructed a castle near the Ashlands that involved (IIRC) 20+ decisions and 190+ build stages, and took anything from 4 months (game time) to 1 year (game time) to build, depending on how many freed slaves you employed as workers ( or foremen).

Ultimately I figure'd I'd bitten of more than I could chew (although tha castle itself was completed, the town/NPC's defeated me) so I'll start a bit smaller than that.

I believe there is a thread on the forums about a mod like this.

is it yours?

or else you may have found yourself a team.

But I really like the idea of your own castle/smal town, maybe in the RTS style (real time settler from fallout 3 en NV)

The more I contemplate these threads the more I realize it's pointless to declare intentions. There's no way to know how powerful the Creation Kit will be and in what areas it will be powerful in. If it's significantly more powerful than the GECK (I doubt it from what I've seen of the game files) then it'll take a while to figure out how to abuse that power. If it's about the same then I'll be tragically bored.

If all else fails, a shout that shoots clusters of sweetrolls at high speeds sounds acceptable.

The more I contemplate these threads the more I realize it's pointless to declare intentions. There's no way to know how powerful the Creation Kit will be and in what areas it will be powerful in. If it's significantly more powerful than the GECK (I doubt it from what I've seen of the game files) then it'll take a while to figure out how to abuse that power. If it's about the same then I'll be tragically bored.

If all else fails, a shout that shoots clusters of sweetrolls at high speeds sounds acceptable.

Well they said they will release the tools used for the creation of the game.

This might also be an explanation for the fact it took pretty long, because they had to enhance the tools in such a way people who do not make games voor a living will be able to use it.

So I guess the most powerfull tool in there wil probaly be a full model creation tool and a physics editor? (making an educated guess from what i know of game creation)

Well they said they will release the tools used for the creation of the game.

This might also be an explanation for the fact it took pretty long, because they had to enhance the tools in such a way people who do not make games voor a living will be able to use it.

So I guess the most powerfull tool in there wil probaly be a full model creation tool and a physics editor? (making an educated guess from what i know of game creation)

This is vague wording on their part. The chances they included a full model creation tool are slim, and modders will need to probably continue relying on Blender + Nifskope to convert models. Bethesda would have no reason to independently produce 3d modeling tools they could freely give to modders as it would cost them an atrocious amount. They probably use their own suite of 3d modeling applications they lease.

As for physics editing, that'd require reasonably low-level access to the game, which may or may not happen. I'm leaning towards the latter, as this would require some significant forethought on Bethesda's part and I frankly do not think they are a organized enough developer to have exposed that to end users. :confused: I really hope they did, and maybe I just don't have enough faith... all the more reason why I don't want to get excited now and become disappointed later.