Creation kit almost there

BannerFigurezZz

Starting a mod?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. So with the creation kit's release nearing I am wondering are you gonna make some mods or solve the things that always annoyed you? or leave it to just the pro's?

• Yes, I will definitely start modding big times
    • Yes, I will be making some small adjustments
    • Yes, I will fix stuff that annoys me
    • Yes, but just for myself
    • No, i'll leave it to the pros
    • What's a mod?

Un****ing the vamps is first on my list. Second is adding a bunch of named but useless NPCs to every city. Then I'm gonna try and make alleys (I'm not the only one who noticed their marked absence, am I? How am I supposed to kill people?). Past that, Idk. :tongue:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with Skyrim I actually feel like they scaled down a lot.

-no more custom spells

-no more custom enhancements

-no more murdering people for de DB

-more dugeon crawler questlines for the guild, in Oblivion you had lots of murders for the DB and the heists for the Thieves guild, which I really miss.

-smaller and les populated citys

for example the mage guild went from a hall in every city and pretty much its own city to a small college.

Skyrim just feels less free, you had portals and stuff in Oblivion..

Well I know the explanation is that SKyrim is a more poor and barren enviroment and so everything is smaller and less populated, but still its a shame they took that away.

Main point for me is the change of guild quest style

I have no idea how the scriptin works in Skyrim, but I am getting quite advanced in C++, and I hope I can have something listen to the events when a soul is trapped to swap out the soul gem (if right soul is in it) with one like the ones you find/buy. That would hopefully correct values and avoid glitches like souls sometimes disappearing when gem is taken out of a, or put in a container, as well as not have them bloat the inventory entirely -- unless Beth fixes it in 1.4. Maybe even add a "You have no small enough gem for this soul" warning so I don't have to count soul gems all the time.

And play around with the map editor and learn how to use it, to make a house for myself just for learning the workings of exterior and interior cells and how to connect them. I hope it's more user friendly than what I had in Dragon Age: Origins' toolset, which was a glitchy mess.