Needing a bit of starting info

DraziaXardei

Okies, So I don't post in the forums often and

have actually come from the Skyrim section of Nexus.

So, with that, I do have some knowledge of modding.

However, I've gone back to enjoy Oblivion and after

about 16 hours of gaming I figured I'd try modding.

So, I guess what I'm trying to get too, is...

I know when it comes to body mods you would need

a skeleton mod and such and so forth.

What I'm getting at is, Which body mods are available?

Which skeleton would best be used?

And;

Which mods can you 'not' go without in Oblivion,

that make life easy and enjoyable for you?

I will take all suggested mod into consideration

and at least try once in the span of...

Whenever I get a decent load order set up.

It would really help me a lot if someone could help

with getting a base to start from.

Thank you all in advance.

The three primary body mods (Roberts Male, HGEC and Roberts Female) in themselves just use the vanilla game skeleton.nif (safely stored in Oblivion - Meshes.bsa).

Where you need a different skeleton.nif is when you want BBB (better bouncing boobs). Female bodies that are set up to use a BBBed skeleton.nif (as well as clothing/armor that is set up to use BBB) will exhibit the famous 'boobs to infinity' problem when used without the correct skeleton.

- Edit - The original BBBed skeleton is Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons, which will work for most BBB applications.

The more recent version is Universal Skeleton Nif, but be aware of the limitations and workarounds required by the TotalControlableSkeleton version (the ControlSkeleton version is recommended unless you have a mod that specifically requires the TotoalControlableSkeleton version).

Edited by Striker879

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Striker has you covered for body mods. Here are some others I couldn't live without:
Oblivion Character Overhaul - Gets rid of the hideous potato heads on NPCs (you could also try Enhanced Genetics Overhaul, which looks excellent as well)

DarkDarnifiedUI - Don't leave home without this one.. Gives you a vastly superior UI, and does much more to boot (like removing most of those idiot popup messages and handholding)

Snu's Dungeons - Makes the caves beautiful and unique (I don't think this one is available on Nexus, you'll need to Google)

Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul

Realistic Levelling

I have a heavily modded game, so those are just a handful of my "can't live without" mods... :D

Edited by Sonja