patch 12 and mod manager

seweryn

So how is mod manager working with patch 12 ?

I am getting black screen of infinite possibilities when starting a new game with mods enabled on patch 12.

Anyone knows a fix for it ?

Thanks

a. Just to be clear, there is no such thing as Patch 12. The last one was 11.

b. Did you tick the "Force Rescan" option box?

a. That's not correct, it's actually update 11, which is also, confusingly called Patch 12, as the Package.mft file, inside the Vanilla Patch folder says

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 12

Consequently the Patch_ModManagerMerge folders, Package.mft file, becomes Patch 13, as the "last update", and how it now works as a separate patch.

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 13
ModManager v0.59 alpha

Vanilla is Update 11 = Patch 12

Mods are usually Patch 13, and if removed game can complain the save is for a "Newer version" of the game, and the fix is call Vanilla same version as the mods were, so usually 13, but check the mods Package.mft File, to be sure.

The number will keep incrementing, if not adjusted back, when mods are added again.

b This is the second thing to try, after first repairing the Vanilla game with Origin, any mods will remain untouched, this usually fixes these new game loading errors.

In my experience "Force Rescan" is only really needed if more DLC are added after first running the Mod Manager.

a. Just to be clear, there is no such thing as Patch 12. The last one was 11.

b. Did you tick the "Force Rescan" option box?

a. That's not correct, it's actually update 11, which is also, confusingly called Patch 12, as the Package.mft file, inside the Vanilla Patch folder says

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 12

Consequently the Patch_ModManagerMerge folders, Package.mft file, becomes Patch 13, as the "last update", and how it now works as a separate patch.

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 13
ModManager v0.59 alpha

Vanilla is Update 11 = Patch 12

Mods are usually Patch 13, and if removed game can complain the save is for a "Newer version" of the game, and the fix is call Vanilla same version as the mods were, so usually 13, but check the mods Package.mft File, to be sure.

The number will keep incrementing, if not adjusted back, when mods are added again.

b This is the second thing to try, after first repairing the Vanilla game with Origin, any mods will remain untouched, this usually fixes these new game loading errors.

In my experience "Force Rescan" is only really needed if more DLC are added after first running the Mod Manager.

This is because the version the game shipped with is version 1. Then patch 1 makes it version 2, and so on, until patch 11 makes it version 12. The last patch was indeed patch 11.

This is a common thing. For example, the "vanilla" version of World of Warcraft was version 1. They are now on their 6th expansion, which makes it version 7.

Actually, it's like this:

Notice that the package.mft file is in the "\Update\Patch" folder, which didn't even exist for the original vanilla game.

So Patch 1 equaled "version 1", etc. Of the patches.

But...

The PC version got a hotfix between Patches 2 and 3 which; (a) the PS3 and XBox versions did not, and (b) incremented the internal version number but which wasn't an official Patch. (That way they could could keep the Patch numbers the same across all platforms.)

Again, and all together now: "There is no Patch 12. Patch 11 was the last one."

If Patch 11 is applied, the internal game version number for the PC platform (as found in the package.mft file) must be at least 12. Mine was as high as "18" before we stopped having to recompile to include the latest Patch each time we changed our set of mods.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I pirated it. How do I get the latest patch then?

@FreakinSweetAmy; I'd be surprised if you weren't already patched. But if not:

Simply log-in to EA/Origin, right-click on the Inquisition game tile, and select the "Update Game" or "Repair" option.

Banned - TVD.

I pirated it. How do I get the latest patch then?

@FreakinSweetAmy; I'd be surprised if you weren't already patched. But if not:

Simply log-in to EA/Origin, right-click on the Inquisition game tile, and select the "Update Game" or "Repair" option.

Buy the game. You can get the GotY edition on Steam for £7 right now.