Undelete Vanilla Objects in A Patch File

So I want to make a patch for another mod to blend smoothly with my mod but he deleted some vanilla objects that I would like to "un-delete".

I haven't tried this yet since I have to do this at the very end of my work prior to release... but I'm thinking my mod would have to have some "dirty edits" by simply moving and then undoing the change on those particular objects?

So now if my patch loads after the mod its patching then my changes should override the deleted vanilla objects? I'm thinking yes but wanted to ask in case anyone knows this for sure.

You can do it with TES4Edit.

Load your mod -> right click -> apply filter -> only leave the conflict status inherited by parent box ticked-> OK -> when the process is over right click again -> undelete and disable references

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

When a mod delete a base object from a parent mod, it actually just set a "delete" flag on the object, which tells the game to ignore that object.

If you change those objects in your mod then revert the changes, they will still be marked as modified by your mod.

This way your mod will override all the changes the other mod made to those objects, including the delete flag, so this should un-delete them.

I'm not sure if this applies also to instances places in the world, but you could try.

Edited by forli

• 4 weeks later...

So I want to make a patch for another mod to blend smoothly with my mod but he deleted some vanilla objects that I would like to "un-delete".

I haven't tried this yet since I have to do this at the very end of my work prior to release... but I'm thinking my mod would have to have some "dirty edits" by simply moving and then undoing the change on those particular objects?

So now if my patch loads after the mod its patching then my changes should override the deleted vanilla objects? I'm thinking yes but wanted to ask in case anyone knows this for sure.

Just load the mod you are patching in xEdit and then copy as overwrite the original records from Oblivion.esm into your patch that you want to "undelete". That will create ITM records from Oblivion.esm that will overwrite the deleted records from the other mod when you load your mod later in the load order.