The swampfolks from Fallout 3... in Fallout 4?

SignorNessuno

We are all surprised there are no swampfolks in Fallout 4.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Swampfolk

Of course, they are only for Point Lookout in Fallout 3, but i guess they could be a good variant, instead of having always supermutants and ghouls.

Maybe these people, fruit of black plague and incest, can be a good variant as common enemy in all the east coast. Instead of the south east of the US.

If you remember them, probably you realize how much strong they are compared to the Capital Wasteland's supermutants.

Is really a pity, there are no mods about them. It would be really interesting fight them, instead of the supermutants, ghouls raiders, or gunners.

At the least we could understand why these people are living next to rivers or swamp.

Same in Far Harbor, is just a pity we can only find trappers aka the raiders of Far Harbor and... supermutants?

I guess we have a lack of contents here.

Do you think there should be a mod about them?

OK, if this were an old school Fallout game and it had a map that encompassed most of New England, then I'd say hell yes. However, the Fallout 4 map is like 10 mile radius around Boston so no. Now it WOULD be interesting if some of the settlers you attract had swampfolk like mutations, more interesting still if someone Swampfolk like was trying to find an adventurer to get some Lovecraftian McGuffin to save her band or get it away from them because it's corrupting them. Like the book from Point Lookout.

Of course, I'm waiting for more Lovecraft themed mods. It is New England after all, that's Lovecraft country.

OK, if this were an old school Fallout game and it had a map that encompassed most of New England, then I'd say hell yes. However, the Fallout 4 map is like 10 mile radius around Boston so no. Now it WOULD be interesting if some of the settlers you attract had swampfolk like mutations, more interesting still if someone Swampfolk like was trying to find an adventurer to get some Lovecraftian McGuffin to save her band or get it away from them because it's corrupting them. Like the book from Point Lookout.

Of course, I'm waiting for more Lovecraft themed mods. It is New England after all, that's Lovecraft country.

The museum of witchcraft for me was the most boring place ever to explore (same for the quest). No black magic references from Poin Lookout. Or even the Asylum from the Cabot family quest, assaulted by the swampfolks. Just by regular lazy raiders.

The museum of witchcraft for me was the most boring place ever to explore (same for the quest). No black magic references from Poin Lookout. Or even the Asylum from the Cabot family quest, assaulted by the swampfolks. Just by regular lazy raiders.

Yeah, but there's no reason why Swampfolk (assuming g they're Cthulu cultists) would have any interest in Lorenzo Cabot. The idea of at some point, the luck of the Cabot family ran out and raiders looking for their next high found a case full of their serum and decided they had to have MORE. Despite the quest's supernatural nature, it's a very realistic reason for things to unravel. Very Fallout. ALthoughyou can make the case that Boston metropolitan area is no place for raiders and should be as rebuilt as New Vegas, is another issue.

Yeah, but there's no reason why Swampfolk (assuming g they're Cthulu cultists) would have any interest in Lorenzo Cabot. The idea of at some point, the luck of the Cabot family ran out and raiders looking for their next high found a case full of their serum and decided they had to have MORE. Despite the quest's supernatural nature, it's a very realistic reason for things to unravel. Very Fallout. ALthoughyou can make the case that Boston metropolitan area is no place for raiders and should be as rebuilt as New Vegas, is another issue.

for what i can see, they are ignorant, and easy to fool. Probably if they could be in Boston, that's because they are "following" the call to their "prophet"? Or maybe the ritual kinfe inside Dunwitch?

A special encounter with Swampfolk like people with a note saying they're headed towards a quarry from the visions of their leader would be really cool. But Bethesda being Bethesda, would never do something that good.

that's because they forget to re use them. They have such potential. Too bad they are ignored. But thankfully we have mods.

And i really hope to see the 3D model of these swampfolks one day.

They ignored a lot of things: story, good sidequests, Horses, the awesome melee kill animations from Skyrim, the fact that 200 years is a long time, that Vaults are valuable real estate, and boats are good because you can use them to fish and thus make a working community out of boats rather than a nifty looking houseboat place set for raiders.

They ignored a lot of things: story, good sidequests, Horses, the awesome melee kill animations from Skyrim, the fact that 200 years is a long time, that Vaults are valuable real estate, and boats are good because you can use them to fish and thus make a working community out of boats rather than a nifty looking houseboat place set for raiders.

Marketing and milking the brand.

But let's back and talk about the swampfolks.

In fallout 3 we saw just 5 of them. And 2 of them are just a skin color variant, covered with blood in some parts of their body. So i guess, what if we could have even a female variant of these swampfolks?