I Guess I Brought the Wrong Guest to a Wedding...

FalmerBane

I went to complete the Dark Brotherhood quest "Bound Until Death"and accidentally brought my follower Illia with me. I have her clad in the DB muffled armour and frankly forgot she was there. So I take the bride out and all is well, or so I thought. I start making my escape and all of a sudden I hear someone throwing Ice Spikes behind me, crap its Illia! She was killing everyone in a frenzied flurry of Ice Spikes and slashes from her Daedric dagger named Omega. (I have Alpha) ;) I looked around and she had taken out about 7 NPC's before I stopped the death fest... lol Thankfully I had saved that part of the quest line so I could play around with different methods of assassination and escape. :P

Hi, I am new member to the Nexus if you couldn't tell :)

And that is why I only use dead thralls. They are only slightly dumber than normal followers and I can repeatedly kill them whenever I feel like if they start screwing things up. The moaning and begging for death is a bit distracting at times though.

Welcome to the nexus.

Honestly I was planning on doing this alone, just forgot about her. Once I get my skills up in that area I will look into using zombie thralls.

Please don't ask me about the time I accidentally cut my wife's (Jordis) throat on a quest... lol

Thanks for the welcome!

Edited by FalmerBane

And that is why I only use dead thralls. They are only slightly dumber than normal followers and I can repeatedly kill them whenever I feel like if they start screwing things up. The moaning and begging for death is a bit distracting at times though.

Dead thralls are a lot more convenient: they can be resurrected, carry unlimited burden, scale with you always, don't use crappy weapons instead of good ones, don't have annoying conversations and only moan from time to time, and finally much more powerful.

Dead thralls are a lot more convenient: they can be resurrected, carry unlimited burden, scale with you always, don't use crappy weapons instead of good ones, don't have annoying conversations and only moan from time to time, and finally much more powerful.

But they have the personality of a corpse, unlike the other followe-... Actually, never mind. They're just plain better. :dry:

Even if you don't start killing NPC's, the Shadowscale from teh DB shows up and starts offing people. You are not supposed to get away from that one.

I tried the quest several times. Finally I found that if I cut the bride's throat then went invisible immediately, nobody chased me, and then after I went visible I had no bounty. But I left Solitude and came back later to find I had a bounty of 5000. What the.... I only killed the one chick and nobody saw me! (I know, it was the assasin who's kills counted as mine)

After 3 attempts I killed the bride, stole her goods and escaped without so much as a single septum required for reparations of my crime. Yes, I left any and all followers behind and I did exactly as you did above. ;) Edited by FalmerBane

Even if you don't start killing NPC's, the Shadowscale from teh DB shows up and starts offing people. You are not supposed to get away from that one.

If you follow the child-vampire's advice and kill the bride by dropping the statue on her, you can get get away without aggroing any of the guests. Vezeera (or whatever his name is - the shadowscale) will show up, but he'll only kill the Penitus Oculatus guard, and leave the civilians unharmed.